Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

shaneeka

3 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  10:04:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Everybody!

My name is Shaneeka. I am from Orlando, FL. I am 25 years old and I have a beautiful son named alex who is about to turn five in a couple of weeks. I work as a technical support rep for a company called scan disk. I Love my job because I absolutely love talking on the phone. I was always thin but curvy (5'6 137 lbs) before I had my son. I gained 60 lbs during my preganancy and have only been able to drop 17 lbs of that off. it seem as if my body wont allow itself to go lower than 180lbs. I am so relieved to have found this website and hopefully some motivation to push it to the limi and lose all the unwanted weight.
quote:
Originally posted by fattyfatty2x4

I thought I would start a new thread and "re-introduce" ourselves here.
I know we are a small group nowadays, but perhaps this post will prompt some newbies to post and get some of the "regulars" back up!

I live in Northern Virginia about 1/2 hour from Washington DC. The blue ridge mountains flank the west and make a beautiful sunset! I live in a teeny tiny condo with my husband and little needy dog. My dad and stepmom live in Georgia. My mom lives in San Diego until she retires, then she will return here to Virginia. My brother is living in her house for now. I work as an office administrator for a company that provides large screen projection for TV and corporate events. I LOVE MY JOB! I take my little Italian Greyhound with me to work every day. My husband hated his job when he worked as a welder. I nagged him relentlessly and he finally quit his job and now he buys and sells "things" for a living.

I used to have my own shop where I sold gently used womens clothing, accessories and small furnishings. I was in that business for 10 years and finally closed it. I used to work 7 days a week! Now I work 4 days a week! HA!!

I don't have any real hobbies. I am pretty good at anything "crafty", but don't really do any of it. I love to cook. I love to eat. I love to shop and I like nice shoes. No PayLess or vinyl shoes for me!

OK - I must run! I have a dental appointment!

2x4 was here, but now she's gone. She left this post to carry on...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

adoruhbulcassie06

5 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  2:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello all! My name is Cassie. I am 19 years old and live in California. I am a Medical Assistant who is currently continuing my education to become a Respiratory Therapist. I want to lose 30-50 lbs and need ALL the motivation I can get. I am willing to keep in touch through e-mail and motivate others as well. And hey, WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Lila Wighton

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  12:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Holly,

My name is Lila and I just joined this site. I read your message on this site and I was wondering if you would not mind communicating with me.

I live in Vancouver, BC Canada. I am a young 47 year old, still feel 20 in my mind and soul. My body however, tends to not agree in that fact. I keep trying to work out but am too busy trying to support myself and my 2 teenagers as I have been a single mom for 17 yrs., since the kids were born. Long story, no need to get into. What caught my attention about your site was the trying to keep the weight off. Good for you for loosing the weight you did and now trying to maintain the weight loss, I think that is one of the hardest part about life and food.

I to work a lot. I was going to transcribe minutes but that fell through. I work in the medical field and I always seem to have 2-3 jobs going at any given time. I looked into the medical transcription here in Canada and can't seem to connect with one.

Anyways, I won't keep you, but I thought if you wish to communicate and we can help each other out for encouragement to loose the dreaded extra pounds let me know. Everyone I know is a toothpick and do not understand how hard it is to loose weight. If I don't hear from you I understand. I don't have a profile in the site as I did not now you can make one up and I clicked on my community and started reading.

Take care and bye for now,

Lila. quote]Originally posted by Holly

Great idea!

My name is Holly. I will be turning 30 this year (scary). I live in upstate New York - and that does NOT mean just above NYC. I live in a suburb of Syracuse which is a lovely place if you don't mind the horrible lake effect snow we get all winter. This summer notwithstanding - very rainy, our summers are usually nice, although I wouldn't mind it if it were a bit warmer since we bought a house last year with a swimming pool.

On October 1 I will celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary with my sweet hubby. We have been together since I was 15 - so half my life. We have 2 dogs - McKenzie (a dalmatian) and Amber (a chocolate lab) who are my babies. We are not having any children by choice.

I am the secretary to one of the two remaining partners in a real estate development company - we do everything! Hotels, apartment complexes, retail, you name it. The company is small, but it keeps me extremely busy (I shouldn't even visit here, but it is about the only break I get most days). In addition to my regular job, I am starting a side business doing medical transcription and mobile notary public (which I need for my day job, so I thought I would try to make it work for me for a change).

As far as health and fitness - when I got married 10 years ago I weighed 200 pounds. In late 1999 and early 2000 I devoted my efforts to losing my weight and in late 2002 I was all the way down to 133 pounds - and looked darn good, not perfect, but good (I am 5' 6") and was wearing a size 6. Then while preparing to move and starting my business around the same time, I got so busy that things got away from me again. I had no time or energy to exercise or even cook and was eating out at on and have gained back many pounds - I think my last weigh in was 155 - so I gained 22 pounds that I desparately need to get off of me, but am still having a difficult time finding the time to do what I know I have to. I'll get there though - I have faith in that.

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

[/quote]

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  02:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, Lila. I would be glad to commununicate with you. A couple ways for you to get in touch with me without me giving my email address for the world to see.

There is a website - MTchat.com - that is a message board like this for medical transcription. My name there is AnnMT. If you get a user name from there, you can send a private message to anyone on the site, so just do a search for me and send me a message.

Another option is myspace. Here is my link. Again, I don't think you can send me a message unless you have an account, though. You can always set up a dummy one just to send me a message, though, with your email and we can communicate that way.

http://www.myspace.com/holly_from_cny

Edited by - Holly on 09/23/2007 02:15:47 AM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

abk1030

2 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  5:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My name is Ashlee and I am from Birmingham, AL. I am the wife to Chris and the mother to 6 month old Camden. I want to lose the remainer of my pregnancy weight and then additional weight to feel better about myself.

I am a part-time (3 days a week) 3 year old kindergarten teacher and the rest of the time a SAHM.

I hope to meet others trying to lose that pregnancy weight also!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

chickieboo_02

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  7:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone! My name is Donna. I live in NJ with hubby and kids. Currently working as a freelance software trainer, but looking for a "real" job since my training gigs have been few and far between.

I've been overweight my whole life. Been on every diet out there. I'm trying to adopt a "healthy" lifestyle for the whole family. Hubby is the only one not heavy...and of course he eats all the wrong food but doesn't gain an ounce! My kids are great eaters in tha they will try anything. I've made little changes, like subbing turkey for beef in almost everything (except meatloaf - hard sell on that).

I try to walk daily, but it doesn't take much to keep me from doing it.

I'm glad I found this place. I'll be coming back often.

=========
chickieboo

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

kendralynn25

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  09:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi there everyone! I'm Kendra and I'm brand new as of this morning! I live in Little Rock, AR and work for a local children's hospital as a pharmacy technician. Over the last year I have gained about 40 lbs due to mulitiple surgeries and medications. I have Crohn's disease, and I am lucky that I do not have a strict diet, but just need to loose the weight! Any tips or advice, or just friendly "hi"'s are totally welcome, and I will appreciate it all!!! :D

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jtumbleweed64

3 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  4:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi
I just joined today. I have been one of those lucky people that could eat anything and not gain an ounce. I weighed 97# when I graduated from high school. and stayed that weight even through 3 miscarriages and two full-term pregnancies. I would put on my 20# which is what they wanted you to do back then. I only put on about 14# with my second full-term. I did get up to about 110#. Then when I started going through menopause my metabolism changed from active to very slow. Then the weight started creeping on up to 150. Clothes size from 6 and 8 to 14. Am back to 12 and a few 10's but not very often. Have got my weight down to 130 but it is back up to 140. I have a wonderful job so can not blame my weight on it except do a lot of sitting checking in and out books. I am having some stress in my home life. Hubby started dealing with metasized melanoma internally 7 years ago. Now we are thinking he is dealing with TIA also (mini-strokes). Also I have a hobby that is a lot of sitting. I have been a quilter for about 22 years. I have had the honor of two wall-hanging to travel all over the USA throught a Challenge through Hoffman Quilt fabric. I realized that I have to change my eating habits. I Love MEXICAN FOOD. Need to squake those foods to be more nutritional.

I do have a suggestion that someone start a new one of these Newbie file. This is 5 pages long. Loved reading about every one.

Jill Maria
I am like a snapdragon
part of me has snapped and the rest of me is draggin"

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lozzer48

2 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  5:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Hi
my name is loraine, i live in uk! are there any other members from uk?
im 48 living with my DP I have 3 grown up daughters and 5 yes 5!! beautiful grandchildren. I am desperate to lose weight, went to the docs and my blood pressure is high so i guess this is the kick i need to keep me on track, i so want to be around to see my granchildren grow up. plus want to look better for when we get married next year!!
look forward to making some new friends
loz
xx

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

health4me

1 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  4:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone...
My name is Barb, and I live in Toledo, OH. I have been searching for a good and inexpensive health and fitness website for quite some time. You can't get much cheaper than FREE...and it looks like foodfit has so much to offer. I'm really excited I found it. I'm 54 years old, single, and I'm just recovering from knee surgery. I'm not able to do any type of exercise right now, but that will eventually come along. Since I have a little over 100 pounds to lose, just watching what I eat should get me off to a good start. I don't have any children - just two dogs. They are female shih tzus; one is around 5 years old, and the little one is around 2. They are great "girls" and so much fun. If I need a good laugh, all I have to do is watch them for awhile! I'm looking forward to talking to you all again soon.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

onefish2fish

2 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  12:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hey everyone! i am new to the site and am just starting a new healthy lifestyle group with some family and friends. i am kind of the head of the group so i am looking for tips , ideas, healthy recipes, and to make some friends
i will be turning 37 tomorrow and my time is NOW! i am very overweight and i am ready to change this. i am too young to be so unhealthy. i was doing very good for a few months with walking at work and then i started to work from home and well the walking when right out the door. so i am trying to get myself motivated again.
so there you have it

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Karo

2 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  5:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm Karo. They started calling me that in high school, cause I'm sweet as sugar syrup. Ick! Anyway, I'm 52 and befuddled. I'm a smart woman, relatively well adjusted, emotionally stable, professional and responsible. But I weigh 223 pounds, and don't move any more than I absolutely have to. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, which complicate things. My pain level is a good excuse to not exercise, but in truth, moderate exercise decreases my pain. I have made many healthy changes to my diet over the years, but I still weigh more than I ever have before. I've gained 38 pounds since I quit smoking 10.5 years ago, and I weighed too much even then. I just feel so hopeless, because I've lost count of the times I've gotten motivated to eat right and lose weight, poured my heart, soul and body into the process, and eventually ended up in the same sinking, sedentary boat. Any ideas for longevity of motivation are greatly appreciated. At this point, I don't even really have any motivation, just an idea of motivation.
Thanks, Karo

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

GinnyAnn

8 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  12:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Hi My name is GinnyAnn. My husband of 40 years and I live NE Ohio. We are about 45 minutes from Cleveland. I am obese and a type 2 diabetic. Also, I suffer with fibromyalgia and arthritis.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jennyjo

1 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  10:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi I'm JennyJo (so not just the same name as Jenn) and I live in England. I just recently separated so I've gone from having a husband and 6 kids around the place to just me most of the time. My oldest visits with her boyfriend for Sunday dinner every week, so that will be a meal off the diet plan; I mostly do the visiting with the next one, he's at school in London and loves it; the other 4 (stepkids)live with their Dad and I see them when they call me 'Mum, I need..'. I teach in a unit for kids out of school - just now I have a 10th grade class every day, all 'excluded' for bad behaviour, 2 boys by themselves on different days, one (9th grader) won't come to school, the other (7th grader) should have been in our middle school unit but they say he's too naughty; and I also teach the schoolgirl Moms one morning a week. I only found time to join here because I'm off work with a knee injury but I'm looking forward to visiting here with you all, even if mostly in school vacations. I've been gaining weight by eating at school, because we eat with the kids and it's not really the best diet for me - most of them never tried a proper meal; then I was eating with the boys at home as well. So I'm aiming to motivate myself to cook proper food for one at home and pack-ups on days I could cry off from eating at school.
The injuries are my other problem - it's a chicken-and-egg problem, the weight makes injury more likely but I have a genetic disorder and tear easily and heal slowly, and I'm never sure how much to exercise and how much to rest. I'm getting over a foot injury which felt good this week so I tried jogging a bit, and tore something in my knee.
So it's good to meet you all, I'll try and check in every Wednesday, it works for me - do we need a new thread for Wednesday get-togethers?
JennyJo

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

GinnyAnn

8 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  11:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Injuries are my problem also. Both knees probably have torn cartilage and arthritis. Lower back hurts when I stand too long or walk to much. To lose weight--need to exercise--get pain--stop exercise-- eat to feel better--start all over. lol

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Karo

2 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  09:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm so uneducated about this process. I think Jenny suggested a new thread? Whatever or however that happens, it sounds like a good idea. And a Wednesday check in? Who could facilitate that happening? Thanks! And remember, this is a new week, Thanksgiving is over, and we can make good choices today! -Carol

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

GinnyAnn

8 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  10:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A check in each week might be helpful. Same day but not a live chat for me.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

ECamille76

1 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  7:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am a 31 yr old woman living in Boulder,Colorado.I like the site alot i will be back over and over again

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

keyman97

1 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  11:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I'm Kelly, I live in Vandalia, IL. How is everyone?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Helen58

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  5:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send Helen58 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello all,
I am in Scotland and love this site.Still not making much headway diet wise I need motovated.Help

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use