Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

GinnyAnn

8 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  8:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It is great to see so many of us posting. Tonight I am feeling puffy and blah. Also have a headache. It may be a reaction to the flu shot I had earlier in the week.

Has anyone tried increasing the amount of water they drink each day? Think I saw that it is a help in weight control.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

scooter73105

1 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  02:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HI Iam Tony, and my wife is connie. We moved to roseburg oregon in march. I work one job and my wife works two.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

AlansGrandma

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  4:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Halfshell, I am AlansGrandma (also Sara's Grandma)and I too live in Oregon (Springfield) I also have Type 2 Diabetes and am learning to cook and eat differently. I need to communicate with others and learn how to plan menues so that I can keep my blood sugars in control and at the same time lose about 50 pounds...please keep in touch and let me know of helpful hints you find. You can contact me here or at lascott@efn.org.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a week ago this past Monday so after 59 years of cooking and eating the wrong way...I now have to re-learn all of my habits and learn how to eat the right way.

I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with a group of people who cook low fat instead of low carb! I need some help and encouragement to change my ways! LOL!

Halfshell AKA Nance

[/quote]

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

LADYG2U

1 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  4:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello my name is Gwen and I live in Darby Pennsylvania with
my partner Helen and my two grandsons ages 2 and 4. Helen and
I have 11 grandchildren between us I weigh about 240 had lost 35 lbs
2005 but once I stopped my life choices the weight not only came back it doubled. I did the Dr Phil's this time I am going to work out
and eat right. I am a member of Ballys so this is a matter of getting motivated. I am doing the National Body Challenge 2008 I want to be 150 but I need to be 140 if I make it to 180 I
will be happy.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

GinnyAnn

8 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  12:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
One of the things I had suggested to me --- have the filling of a slice of pie and leave the crust. The crust has the fat.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Cocobaby

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2007 :  10:11:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am 55 years old and come from Southern Ohio. I am a cancer survivor of 5 years (I had Stage 3 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma in my breast and ribcage area). Trying to get back into a healthy weight hasn't been easy for me as I am also hypothyroid and have diabetes 2. I've not had a lot of luck, health-wise, but I'm trying.

I have one daughter who is a pharmaceutical technician. I also have some cats and dogs.

I love to read mysteries and science fictions;enjoy watching Nip/Tuck and Monk.

I love all kinds of music.

I am looking forward to being a part of your community.

Edited by - Cocobaby on 12/20/2007 10:13:37 AM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

GinnyAnn

8 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  9:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It is Sat night here in NE Ohio. We had a nice chicken dinner. I choked on water that went up my nose, then my throat reacted, sending me into a choking cough. Lucky I could get breaths in between coughs.

Once all the goodies are out of the house I will be able to eat less refined sugar.

Happy New Year!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

skinnytonie

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  2:19:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello All,
I am Toni, I live in Vancouver, BC Canada - don't see many Canucks on here?? Looks like a great site, I look forward to working the plans and getting myself healthy before I turn 40 next year!! Hopefully there are a lot of support 'groups' in here that I can hook up with.
Cheers, happy new year.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

skinnytonie

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  2:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Karo

I'm Karo. They started calling me that in high school, cause I'm sweet as sugar syrup. Ick! Anyway, I'm 52 and befuddled. I'm a smart woman, relatively well adjusted, emotionally stable, professional and responsible. But I weigh 223 pounds, and don't move any more than I absolutely have to. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, which complicate things. My pain level is a good excuse to not exercise, but in truth, moderate exercise decreases my pain. I have made many healthy changes to my diet over the years, but I still weigh more than I ever have before. I've gained 38 pounds since I quit smoking 10.5 years ago, and I weighed too much even then. I just feel so hopeless, because I've lost count of the times I've gotten motivated to eat right and lose weight, poured my heart, soul and body into the process, and eventually ended up in the same sinking, sedentary boat. Any ideas for longevity of motivation are greatly appreciated. At this point, I don't even really have any motivation, just an idea of motivation.
Thanks, Karo

Hi Karo,
SO glad to have bumped into your post - I too am a bright, well adjusted emotionally strong woman, who ALSO quit smoking 9 years ago and have steadly gained weight ever since, I am just over 200 lbs and cannot figure out why I don't just get off my butt and do something about it! My feet hurt, my knees hurt, my back hurts - all, as you say, terrific excuses to remain sedentary despite the fact that the exercise helps. I also have done diets, and nutrition programs, thrown myself into it body and soul, just to come out exactly the same a few months later. I unfortunately don't have motivation advice for you, but I can certainly empathize! I am going to try the "just move" approach - nothing big, just simply get up and move. The menu plans on here seem really great, especially that you can change them and cater them to your own needs, so I am going to spend the next couple days modifying them to my way of eating and see how it works. December 2008 I turn 40, and I DO NOT want to be fat and 40!!
Perhaps we can push each other a little on here??
Cheers,
Toni.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattymcfatterson

1 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  12:58:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skinnytonie

quote:
Originally posted by Karo

I'm Karo. They started calling me that in high school, cause I'm sweet as sugar syrup. Ick! Anyway, I'm 52 and befuddled. I'm a smart woman, relatively well adjusted, emotionally stable, professional and responsible. But I weigh 223 pounds, and don't move any more than I absolutely have to. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, which complicate things. My pain level is a good excuse to not exercise, but in truth, moderate exercise decreases my pain. I have made many healthy changes to my diet over the years, but I still weigh more than I ever have before. I've gained 38 pounds since I quit smoking 10.5 years ago, and I weighed too much even then. I just feel so hopeless, because I've lost count of the times I've gotten motivated to eat right and lose weight, poured my heart, soul and body into the process, and eventually ended up in the same sinking, sedentary boat. Any ideas for longevity of motivation are greatly appreciated. At this point, I don't even really have any motivation, just an idea of motivation.
Thanks, Karo

Hi Karo,
SO glad to have bumped into your post - I too am a bright, well adjusted emotionally strong woman, who ALSO quit smoking 9 years ago and have steadly gained weight ever since, I am just over 200 lbs and cannot figure out why I don't just get off my butt and do something about it! My feet hurt, my knees hurt, my back hurts - all, as you say, terrific excuses to remain sedentary despite the fact that the exercise helps. I also have done diets, and nutrition programs, thrown myself into it body and soul, just to come out exactly the same a few months later. I unfortunately don't have motivation advice for you, but I can certainly empathize! I am going to try the "just move" approach - nothing big, just simply get up and move. The menu plans on here seem really great, especially that you can change them and cater them to your own needs, so I am going to spend the next couple days modifying them to my way of eating and see how it works. December 2008 I turn 40, and I DO NOT want to be fat and 40!!
Perhaps we can push each other a little on here??
Cheers,
Toni.

Hi Karo, Toni and anyone else reading this late night vent

I am a mother of 3 great kids ranging from 7-17. I live in the middle of nowhere. The closest decent store is about a 20 minute drive and then they close at 11 pm...yeh and it snows all the time. But of course I love it. I home school our youngest and love it but I have also grown
in ways I dont want to since quiting my job to take on the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I noticed about 8 years ago how horrible I felt but just figured it was mommy tired or life tired. I finally started seeing a dr and he diagnosed me with fibro and RA..sshhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell me that exercise helps, my fat likes me. I weigh 170 lbs and I know the extra weight is alot of my problem. My weight used to fluctuate from 135-150 but not this time, its just adding up faster than ever. I know I have to do this but sit on my butt to much and talk about it, I need motivation or a kick!
Anyone need a weight loss buddy?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

shelly1212

1 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  7:38:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, my name is Shelly and I just joined.I live in Oregon and have a great family.I've decided to take care of myself for once and get into shape.I need to lose 75 pounds but I am determined.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

GinnyAnn

8 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  11:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Fibro is no fun and RA isn't any picnic either. I have fibro and arthritis. The arthritis is most in my back and knees. Hence my real need to loose lots of pounds. However I am realistic enough to know that the best way to loose weight is slowly. One/two pounds a week. Remember we are changing habits so we need to be consistent.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

ncdandylion

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  06:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Bio: Lived all over the world. Used to being thin...was 110 lbs from 18-50...so these extra pounds bother me a lot. Divorced. 3 grown kids. 5 grandsons and 1 granddaughter.
Retired. Health problems.
Latest News: I am 61, 5'3", 161 lbs, and have a number of physical conditions that limit exercise to a very bare minimum. I want to lose weight but find it hard because of lack of exercise and too much time on my hands. Help!!
Favorite Quote: Never regret anything that still makes you smile.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

ncdandylion

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  06:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Reading your messages I find I relate to just about everyone. I get frustrated and throw away all the sweets and chips, etc. but then the next time I go to the store I find I buy more. What a mess. Sometimes I think this is what I'm supposed to weigh at my age but I know that can't be true. I am starting a part time job today and I'm hoping that being away from the house will keep a few pounds from jumping on me. Guess I'd better get busy. Don't want to be late my first day!
Deanna

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

dcapps

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  9:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send dcapps a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi my name is Deana, I'm 26, and I live in Savannah, GA, the "good ol' South", home of everything fried. I've always had a problem with my weight, and have tried to do something about it, but it's hard, really hard. This is probably the most important thing I need to do in my life right now, but I find it very difficult with the culture, cramming food advertisements at you.

When I was in highschool, I weighed about 135; I was active all the time, but now, working at a job that requires you to be seated, has alot to do with my problem. As soon as I got an office job, the pounds started to pack on. When I got married, I was 160, since then, I have gained another 40 pounds, so I have topped the scale at 200 lbs. I have tried several times to lose weight and was successfull at times, but I lose momentum and can't back into excersing. I can't tell you how many miles I have walked or jogged, just to see nothing happen. It gets frustrating and sometimes you think, why even bother, but you know if you don't things could be worse. My mother is morbidly obese, and my father has diabetes, so I know that I need to do something NOW... or I will face the same fate.

That's why I'm here. I like the food diary alot. I don't have to write it down, which I have done in the past, but I'm always at the computer it seems. I really like this site.

~Deana

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

hopeandjamie2008

1 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  09:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi...my name is Hope. I live in southern Virginia. I will be married 5 years this coming Valentine's Day 2008. WOOOOHOOO.....but anyways...in Feb. 2006 I started going to "Curves". I started out weighing 205 pounds. The first two months I lost 16.75 pounds....which was great. I went from a size 19 to a 15-16. It took me 1 year but all together I lost a total of 28 lbs and 21 inches off my body. I was soooooo excited. Well, then I got a job and slacked off alot. I now weight 204...lol. But I am still motivated so I'm getting back on track once again.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

scrubberja

1 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  11:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My name is Jamie. I live in Marion, Illinois,but from SC. I am trying to lose 100lbs. I have lost 100lbs so far. As you can see, I have been on a long road and have a long way to go.

I am divorced,2 children(both moved and married) two grandsons.I am a Certified Surgical Technologist. I love reading, playing cards,camping, working out.

Would love to find a couple people near me to work out with and hang out with and keep me motivated.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

kfbeaty

1 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  1:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just subscribed to the website and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Karen, live in NC, remarried for 4 years coming up in March and stay-at-home Mom. I have one son, 8 years old, who has Asperger's Syndrome (autism), he is very verbal and moves between a self-contain classroom and mainstreaming during the day. He is such a joy and such fun to be around! He says the most amazing things!

I have 3 step-children, the step-daughter is a freshmen in college and the other two boys are 14 and 12. We get them on the every other weekend schedule.

Anyway, five years ago I lost 75 lbs. but I have gained 50 of it back. I know that I can lose the weight, I just need to get motivated again!

I'm hoping that joining a group will give the motivation that I need.

--Karen

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

bibliokah

1 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  3:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi! I'm from SW Pennsylvania. Looking for someone to buddy with. Also, any tips for an adult picky eater?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

ncdandylion

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  5:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Karen,

I'm from NC too. I live in Waynesville. A few lines up from your posting you can read about me and my weight problems. It just all seems so hard. My doc won't let me walk but a very short while. I don't do enough to burn calories and I'm bored so I eat. Would love to chat with you.

Deanna

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use