Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ncdandylion

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  5:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To Biblioka,

I don't allow picky eaters in my house regardless of whether they are adults or children. There are lots of good foods out there that people say they don't like but when asked they admit they never tried them or they tried them when they were 7 and didn't like them. Times change. Tastes change. Of course there will always be foods that none of us like. You could put hominy in front of me every day for the rest of my life and I wouldn't eat it - as long as there was something else to eat - but being a picky eater is nothing more than a mind set.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Keibler77

2 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  7:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone,

I live in Regina, SK, Canada and I just found this site today. I am a 30 year old single mother with four beautiful children and I work full time in a predominantly male dominated field (oil & gas industry). I can't tell you how tired I am of the whole 'butch' stereotype I face more often than I wish to admit. As a child, I was very skinny..everyone in my family would go on and on saying.."Oh, just wait until she grows up..she's going to be so tall and thin and beautiful". I could literally eat anything..and never gain a pound. Well, puberty hit..and I began to put on the weight. At about age 19, I weighed in at around 115..and ironically, I thought I was fat then. Well..little did I know..lol. I gave birth to my first daughter in '99 and gained very little weight, however, a pregnancy with twin girls really did me in. After the birth of my twins, and the subsequent birth of my son a year later, my body never went back to normal. I was left with alot of fat, loose skin, and a pudgy face..none of which I have managed to get rid of.

My youngest is now 7, and I find that day after day I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I am a procrastinator though..and although I tell myself day after day that I have to make a change..I just can't seem to get motivated. My biggest evil is definately sugar..try as I might..I can't stop eating sweets! I don't have much in the way of friends in my city..they all live in other cities..and I'm having trouble finding other women to 'connect' with. I see pairs & groups of women going for walks and workouts all of the time, but I'm so busy with work and the kids that I don't know how to reach out.

So, the bottom line is..I'm so tired of hearing people say "Oh, but you have such a beautiful face, gorgeous eyes.." yeah, yeah.. I don't think I'm ugly, but just once I'd like to be one of those women who can just throw something on and not have to worry about how snug it is, how many rolls it reveals..is the wind blowing? God forbid a gust of wind should blow your shirt against your stomach and reveal all to any passers by..Lol. I can't even manage the dating world because of my insecurity within myself. And so...here I am. I welcome any stories, experiences, advice..or even just a friendly 'Hello' from all of you ladies out there in the cyberworld.

I can't wait to meet you all and share your experiences.

Keibler

Edited by - Keibler77 on 01/26/2008 7:25:51 PM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

DieHardBaseballFan

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  12:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send DieHardBaseballFan an AOL message  Send DieHardBaseballFan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone-

My name is Jenny,34 yrs old and living in California. I work full time for a Tennis and Fitness Club. Before I started working full time there I would workout 4 to 5 days a week but now I am only trying to do it 3 times a week. Sometimes it is hard to even do that.

I love working out and want to stay fit and eat heathly but it is so hard sometimes. I am also in school studying to become a Massage Therapist. I want to someday finish my degree in Athletic Training/Sports Management. I love baseball and hope to work with baseball players.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Walk the Bridge 2k8

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  10:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for getting "re-started" !! "TAKE THE TIME!" is my motto for the week - a motivation move on my part (hope it will help).

I took the "Motivation Quiz" and find I am "strongly likely to stick with it"... "Before heart attack" and "retirement" I was a Type A personality. Now I am just confused: obese, Type II diabetic, unable to concentrate. (In short, I've become a carpenter dog with all it's little piles laying around unfinished... laundry,cleaning, bills, and now, the income tax return! I'm tired of being tired, confused and anxious/depressed.

I AM NOT GOING TO STAY THIS WAY! I am going to change my life around with walking! I am going to keep walking until I no longer take 11 prescribed medications and 4 over-the-counter medications!

I purchased "10,000 Steps a Day ... to Your Optimal Weight" by Greg Isaacs. It had a pedometer with it .. it's the first thing I put on everymorning -- except my nighties had to be replaced by pjs (nighties don't have waste, whoops! waist bands.

Thank you for getting my mind in a proper frame ... and for letting me ramble! Have a great day and I really look forward to your comments. They help and do not have to be directed to me!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

pariszwoo

4 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  6:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I live with my 17 yr old daughter in AZ, but as soon as my house sells I'm moving to OH. My older daughter and her husband live there, and they're going to have their first child in September. My daughter and I just joined Curves, and we're both trying to change the way we eat.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Candace000

1 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  6:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Everybody! My name is Candace and I live in Utah. My husband and I went to a consultation for a personal trainer roday. It was going to be $1400 for 6 months iof having them help me lose weight. While we were walking out ot discuss if we wanted to go into debt to do this I suggested we look on the internet first. Guess What!!!! This is the exact same program for FREE!!!!!! I am so excited and look forward to meeting some new buddies on this site.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

GinnyAnn

8 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  8:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all. Hope everyone is staying well. It is cold her 16F.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

MarijeanB

2 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2008 :  8:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by fattymcfatterson

quote:
Originally posted by skinnytonie

quote:
Originally posted by Karo

I'm Karo. They started calling me that in high school, cause I'm sweet as sugar syrup. Ick! Anyway, I'm 52 and befuddled. I'm a smart woman, relatively well adjusted, emotionally stable, professional and responsible. But I weigh 223 pounds, and don't move any more than I absolutely have to. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, which complicate things. My pain level is a good excuse to not exercise, but in truth, moderate exercise decreases my pain. I have made many healthy changes to my diet over the years, but I still weigh more than I ever have before. I've gained 38 pounds since I quit smoking 10.5 years ago, and I weighed too much even then. I just feel so hopeless, because I've lost count of the times I've gotten motivated to eat right and lose weight, poured my heart, soul and body into the process, and eventually ended up in the same sinking, sedentary boat. Any ideas for longevity of motivation are greatly appreciated. At this point, I don't even really have any motivation, just an idea of motivation.
Thanks, Karo

Hi Karo,
SO glad to have bumped into your post - I too am a bright, well adjusted emotionally strong woman, who ALSO quit smoking 9 years ago and have steadly gained weight ever since, I am just over 200 lbs and cannot figure out why I don't just get off my butt and do something about it! My feet hurt, my knees hurt, my back hurts - all, as you say, terrific excuses to remain sedentary despite the fact that the exercise helps. I also have done diets, and nutrition programs, thrown myself into it body and soul, just to come out exactly the same a few months later. I unfortunately don't have motivation advice for you, but I can certainly empathize! I am going to try the "just move" approach - nothing big, just simply get up and move. The menu plans on here seem really great, especially that you can change them and cater them to your own needs, so I am going to spend the next couple days modifying them to my way of eating and see how it works. December 2008 I turn 40, and I DO NOT want to be fat and 40!!
Perhaps we can push each other a little on here??
Cheers,
Toni.

Hi Karo, Toni and anyone else reading this late night vent

I am a mother of 3 great kids ranging from 7-17. I live in the middle of nowhere. The closest decent store is about a 20 minute drive and then they close at 11 pm...yeh and it snows all the time. But of course I love it. I home school our youngest and love it but I have also grown
in ways I dont want to since quiting my job to take on the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I noticed about 8 years ago how horrible I felt but just figured it was mommy tired or life tired. I finally started seeing a dr and he diagnosed me with fibro and RA..sshhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell me that exercise helps, my fat likes me. I weigh 170 lbs and I know the extra weight is alot of my problem. My weight used to fluctuate from 135-150 but not this time, its just adding up faster than ever. I know I have to do this but sit on my butt to much and talk about it, I need motivation or a kick!
Anyone need a weight loss b

Hi Karo and the girls. Marijean from Florida here, I am going to be 59 years old and can't get my butt off the couch either. I have a sick Hubby and he needs a lot of my attention (Kidney Cancer) he is 80. We lost his daughter about 1 year ago, she had downs sydrum (50). I had breast cancer so it's been a little full. I always say I am going to get up early before everyone gets up but that doesn't work. Oh, forgot I work midnights for mental challanged adults. I am really going to try to get going. My hubby made me an excercise room and it sits there. I have gotten doen to my fighting weight as my hubby says. He is usually on my side excercising but the minute i go he is calling me for something. Here we go again. I just joined tonight and want to keep intouch with everyone. I live in the middle of no where also......thanx mj

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

ejamesglend

4 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  1:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Everyone!!

My name is Elyse and I'm 23 and live in cottonwood Arizona. I've always been a big girl (5'7'' and around 200#s). About a year ago I got off a physically strenuous job(hikeing about 5-10 miles a day) and started working as an administrative assistant(sitting on my big behind for 10hrs a day). I went from 180 to 230. Now with the gym I've gone down to 219, but I know that I need to change my eating habits to actually see results. Mac and cheeze and tons of spaghetti is not good for your waistline or your health in general.

I've never been a cooker, I'm still in the college dorm mentality of whatever is cheapest and easiest to make goes. Time to buck up and realize that I'm an adult now :-)

I hope that using the recipes and tips from this site, and from all of you, can help me get back to that 180(or maybe less ;-) ) and hopefully I can help others in return.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lisaclark88

2 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  10:45:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi! I am Lisa, a 28 year old stay at home mother of 2. I live in Lansing, MI. I grew up with a size 4 mother and sister so my size 8 jeans and my sister's relentless teasing made me feel HUGE! Looking at pictures from high school is shocking. In my mind's eye i haven't changed weight-wise, though since college i gained 40 lbs! I am now up to 180 (during both pregnancies i got up to 215). To me i was always fat, but when i look at those old photos, i was actually hot, i was very athletic and actually had visible abs. So my goal is by my 30th birthday to fit into my favorite prom dress from high school (i have 1 year and 2 months). I was well on my way last year, i was back down to 168, but then my husband and i decided to have another baby. Now i have a 2 1/2 year old boy and a 5 month old girl and since we are done having kids i figure now is the perfect time to lose those 35 to 40 lbs. Plus i just found out that my HDL (good) cholesterol is really low--39 when it's suppose to be between 50-60. The only way to raise it is by exercising. My doc wants me doing something physical everyday. I have been good about doing something 3 to 4 times a week, but since receiving this news last month i have committed myself to 30 minutes everyday, no excuses. I promised myself that if i do 30 minutes a day everyday till my birthday in June i can treat myself to a pair of $93 shoes. Being a one income family most of our extra cash goes to the kiddies (especially with the little girl, i spoil her with clothes) so i am going to treat myself!! Anyways, i run 3 miles 3 times a week, i walk at the park with the double stroller when it's warm out and i elliptical for 1/2 hour. Or if i have the time i will set the incline on my treadmill to 7.5 and walk for an hour at 3 mph so i can read while i work out. Now that everyone knows my life story...sorry, i have most of my conversations with a 2 1/2 year old so i relish the opportunity to speak (or write) like a grown up!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lisaclark88

2 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  11:01:20 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ooops, forgot to add that i have been doing this for a month now (working out everyday) and have actually gained 2 lbs. I eat between 1500 and 2000 calories a day since i am breastfeeding and still NOTHING. My size 16 jeans are fitting a bit looser so there's that, but i am a scale addict. Especially since the first 35 post pregnancy pounds came off so fast and with so little effort. Any suggestions out there?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

harleygirl54

2 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  3:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send harleygirl54 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am from Canada and in dire need of support, identified i am an emotional eater anyone else have that trigger?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Amanda111

1 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  02:19:02 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey everyone. I'm new here and a little nervous about posting. I'm not sure why, other then it means admitting out loud I have a problem with my weight. I've always been the type of person who all though unhappy with my weight, carries on pretending all is fine. I'm extremely unhappy with how I look and want to change it. I know I'll be happier if I'm healthier. The hard part is going to be getting and staying motivated. I'm never been able to finish what I start. I'm hoping this time I will.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

GMSkipper

1 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  1:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I am new too. My name is GMSkipper and 60 yrs. I've been obese all my life. Unfortunately for me, I didn't take advice of those who know and lose weight when I should have. I now have osteoarthritis and a bad back. I have to lose weight or I'll not have any quality of life in my retirement years. Besides I am so tired of being fat. It's time to try something new for a change - like being thin! I live in Beaverton, Oregon and appreciate this site. I have an elderly mother who lives with me. She came for the old depression days where you ate everything on your plate because you don't know when you'll get your next meal. I also have to change her attitude about food. Gently of course! She can still turn me over her knee even at 80!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Margarett

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  8:57:15 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send Margarett an AOL message  Send Margarett an ICQ Message  Send Margarett a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone, my name is Margarett, I am 45 yrs old and live in Lawton, Oklahoma. I Have been here for almost 10 yrs. I am on my second marriage (10yrs) and have two grown children in college. I have been struggling with weight for about the last 12 years after a very stressful divorce. Now that the kids are out of the house, I have no more excuses for a kitchen full of goodies and an overflowing dinner table. I am in dire need of motivation and hope to find it here with you all. I am a Customer Care Rep and computer support technician so I spend a pretty sedentary day.. mostly on the phone. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Also, does anyone here suffer from arithmia or copd, and if so, how do you incorperate exercise in your life?

Margarett Fraser

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

magna84

1 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  9:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Greetings all - newbie from Minnesota here! I am a 42 year old woman who was in excellent overall health and fitness until 5 years ago. I was diagnosed hyperthyroid. Long story short, thyroid gland is gone - now hypothyroid and I have gained over 25 pounds - something I couldn't have gained without being pregnant before. I have lerned I have too many food sensitivities and am struggling with lethargy, memory, excessive weight gain and more. I am starting to try new and different ways to find my eergy an change my habits and am hopeful this is one of my good resources.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Cathimomoftwo

1 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  3:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi my name is Cathi. I just found out about this site through Woman's Day magazine. I try not to be a binge eater, but if I am stressed I eat. I was hoping this site would be able to help me.

I live in Elkhart, IN. I have two adult children. A boy and a girl.

Have a good day! Cathi

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

win

6 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  8:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone! My screen name is Debaylady. I've scanned many of the messages on this thread and realize people of all ages are here and most are younger than I am. But that's all right! I see many weight related health issues too. And that is the main reason I want to get my weight down to a healthier number. Already I've got high blood pressure and am a 28 year survivor of melanomia skin cancer and almost 8 years for breast cancer. Due to my excess weight (about 100 lbs.) I have poor circulation in my legs and yes, I have a history of blood clots...mostly from the chemo I took. It will take me some time to learn my way around this site. And I must say I am already impressed! Much success to each of you!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

beb48

503 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  09:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi. I live in southern IL. I'm actually about 10 - 15 mins from downtown St. Louis MO.

It's so nice to see some activity here. I am new to this forum. But I've noticed there isn't a whole lot of activity. Obviously, I have weight to lose too. More importantly I want to live a healthier lifestyle. In other words, I'm not 'on a diet.' I'm on a quest to live the rest of my years healthier and happier. That means getting rid of some of this weight. My family history warrants my losing weight - a mother with quadruple bypass and pacemaker, as well as diabetes. She lived many years keeping that diabetes in check without using insulin, pills only - and watching every single thing she put in her mouth. So I know it can be done. I don't have those health concerns "YET." I don't want them. So here I am. Working on getting healthy.

I have two grown children and three grandchildren. My hobbies are drawing/painting (decorative painting - as well as colored pencils) and reading. Boy do I read! My favorite is mysteries. Right now I'm also reading a book "Chi Walking." I just started, but so far so good.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Brokenrose

1 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  01:38:20 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone my screen name is Brokenrose. I'm so happy I found this forum! I was looking for some low fat recipes since I am obese. I have been through a major depression that's lasted over a year and I have gained quite a bit of weight. I'm having a hard time gettin motivated...who has some suggestions? I know I need to get the ball rolling and live a healthier lifestyle because of my age (51) and I have diabetes. I am very careful as to keep my dibetes in check but the weight is still here and it's getting very frustrating. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use