Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

oregonian7@earthlink.net

67 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  10:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
WELCOME!!!!! [:D] That's great you have 2 gransons! I am expecting my first granchild (boy) in April! Very, VERY excited about him.

Hope to get to know you some more.

Hugs,
dragonfly

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

wjjmaj

3 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  08:06:42 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sandraphil

Hi everyone my name is Sandra I just joined still finding my way around.
I'm 59 and live in Vancouver,BC. I enjoy walking but lately haven't been very active need to get back to walking around the seawall here at Stanley park. Beautiful scenery when it isn't raining.
There are some things on the menu that I would like to change especially for breakfast but can't seem to find alturnatives.
Well that's it for now will try to come back every couple of days.
Bye for now
Sandra

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

wjjmaj

3 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  08:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sandra, I'm 56 and from Ohio. I find the lunches a bit overwhelming because I work and don't have the time to prepare such elaborate lunches. I am a breakfast eater so that will work for me. I like the healthy aspect of this site. I hope it works for me.
quote:
Originally posted by sandraphil

Hi everyone my name is Sandra I just joined still finding my way around.
I'm 59 and live in Vancouver,BC. I enjoy walking but lately haven't been very active need to get back to walking around the seawall here at Stanley park. Beautiful scenery when it isn't raining.
There are some things on the menu that I would like to change especially for breakfast but can't seem to find alturnatives.
Well that's it for now will try to come back every couple of days.
Bye for now
Sandra

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

TigerVirtAssist

1 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  01:00:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Everyone. I'm Tillie. I'm 35 years old and I am from Opelika, Alabama. I just joined tonight. I have been married for 12 years and have one 11-year-old daughter. I have about 217 lbs. to lose. :)

I am seeking lots of support and buddies. So, please feel free to e-mail me at courtwrk@aol.com. Thanks! :)

Edited by - TigerVirtAssist on 01/10/2005 01:03:46 AM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

FriendlyPlanner

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  03:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send FriendlyPlanner a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hidy All,
I am new here. I just signed up tonight. My name is Heather, I'll be 32 (gulp) this summer, and I live near Houston, TX. I decided this week my New Year's resoulutins were going to go into effect. This week I am going to try the menu out and see how it goes over with my DH. I have pretty much cooked the tried and true with him. If he doesn't like it I don't cook it again. It has worked for him for the past 10 years; but, for me I have gained nearly 80 pounds. 50 of that was durring my pregnacy 9 years ago. I could just not shake it. When we got married I wore a size 5. To see a size 5 again would be a miracle at this point. Well this is me now, and I'm LQQIN 4 A NU ME!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  4:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome Heather and Tillie. I am so happy you stopped by for a visit. Check in
often and post often for questions, advice, complaining..whatever!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Alysha_Tom

3 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  1:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hola, I am Alysha 33 yrs , Mother of two ( son 12 /Daughter 7 )Happily married 12 years (to a Jiu Jitsu Champ( fitness Nut ) and have decided to take back my health and body !!![:D]
I am A Hairdresser in Ca. So image is everything! Sadley the fact that I am good does not always matter here in the land of the Barbie Dolls.
The goal at first is to lose a 30 lbs and do it heathy!!!!! I just need a little support not bulling like I have been getting from my Family/Friends. It is nice to know that I am not alone.

Thank you,
Alysha
Tracy, ca

Edited by - Alysha_Tom on 01/11/2005 1:26:05 PM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

oregonian7@earthlink.net

67 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  9:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's sad but true...image is everything now a days. You living in CA I can understand why people would take one look at an over weight person and think you cannot do the job. People are so cruel. BUT..if you beleve in kharma, (what goes around, comes around) things WILL get better.

Welcome, by the way!! :) I am a newbie here and I feel so welcomed! This is my second family and the tips and recipes are great!

Hugs,
dragonfly

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Alysha_Tom

3 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  8:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
" BUT..if you beleve in kharma, (what goes around, comes around) things WILL get better. "

Wow I have always belived in Kharma and also that there is no such thing as coincidence. You see I too am a Dragonfly!!!

Thanks for support,
Alysha

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

oregonian7@earthlink.net

67 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2005 :  9:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am happy someone else believes in kharma!! My friends and family hate it when I bring up that word. I believe there's a reason for everything good and bad. My grandmother is the only other person who says that "kharma will get get you when your not watching." She also taught me this: "for every bad thing that happens, something good always come from it."

Sorry, I get started on things like this and can't start so I'll stop here and ask you how your day went? Did you exercise? Eat healthy? I did well and am energized for more exercise but if I do more, I won't be able to go to sleep! LOL!!

Hugs,
dragonfly

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2005 :  10:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Kharma happens! LOL I know I may still be paying for things I have done, said, thought, etc... and I know I will be rewarded for being a nicer person. Kharma helps us to be a bette person, a peaceful person. [:I]

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

incirrus09

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  6:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello all,

My name is Jennifer, I'm about to turn 26 in April and currently I live in Olympia WA. In February, we are moving to Clarksville TN. Originally, I'm from Evansville IN [:)] We are military so I get to move around some.

Mine is a story of ups and downs, as a teen, I topped out at 190lbs when I was 14. I was nearly a size 20. As I got older, I started to get more active.. and I lost weight fast.. as a senior in high school, I bottomed out at 123lbs and a size 5. I met my husband in high school, he was already enlisted in the Army when I met him and he was leaving right after graduation.. but we stuck together. After he graduated basic, he went to Korea for a year, but before he left he asked me to marry him, and we got married after he got back. At 19, we were married, moved to Clarksville (right outside of Fort Campbell KY) and bought our first house there. In 2001, I had my son, Logan. After being on depo (B.C. shot) I had already put on a few pounds, but after Logan, I couldn't lose the weight. And it got steadily worse.
In 2003, we moved to Fort Lewis (olympia WA) and it is here were I make my stand to lose this flab! I have started an exercising routine, I am looking for healthy eating tips and recipes to incorporate into my family.

I am a senior in college (I go totally online ) in the IT field. I also love weather, stormchasing, photography, and I love to drive and explore the country.
and yes..... I'm A NEWBIE!!! [:D]

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Kimla

2 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  3:05:41 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello...my name is Kim. I just joined today, though I've used this site for a lot of great information in 2004.

I live in Northern California, in a small town close to Santa Cruz.
I'm married (x8 yrs) and we have a 20 month old son. In addition I work full-time. Over the summer, I lost 20 pounds, how did I do it...I basically lost my appetite for two months, I had a lot of stressors in my life at the time. Now that I'm back down to premarital size...I'm driven to tone up and maintain. I'm finding it extremely hard to find the time to squeeze in a workout during the day. In addition to 8 hours at work there is also 2 hours of commute time in the car, so the day slips by very quickly...what I need to do is wake up earlier and fit it into my mornings, any suggestions for getting my head off my pillow in the morning? Going to bed earlier doesn't seem to help.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2005 :  4:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
WOW! We are page TWO!! Sorry newbies! It took me a while to find you here!

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!

You guys are gonna do GREAT! Come here often for help and support. [^^] We are all going through this together and we all understand!![^^]

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

betterthin

3 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  12:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone! I just joined so I'm still learning how all this works. My name is Selah and I live in San Antonio, Tx. We moved here about four years ago. I have a little girl, who will be starting school soon (I can't believe it). I'm 5'6 and 163. My goal is to loose weight - it can be 10-25lbs. I just want to feel my best. I'm very excited I found this site! Until next time....

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

sheri155

4 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  10:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello....I am a newbie here. I posted a couple days ago but wanted to add a little about me...my name is Sheri. I will turn 49 this year. I'm married to my best friend John. We've been married 26 years. We have 2 sons, DS1 is 19 and DS2 is 17. We moved to England about 6 months ago (hubby works for the Air Force). I enjoy it here, for the first time in my life I am not working. I could not wait for this day to come but now that is is here, I am having a hard time finding things to keep me busy during the day, and feeling guilty because I should be cleaning the house!
I've been on this weight loss journey for along time now. I lost over 30 pounds in 2000 (following the Weight Watchers program) but about half of that has crept back on. I am struggling to get to my goal weight of 155. I really would like that to be my birthday present to myself this year. My birthday is at the end of April and I have about 18 pounds to lose.
Well, I guess I've rattled on long enough here. Thanks for being here!
Enjoy the day....
Sheri

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Gs_Momma

2 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  5:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello All! I just joined today. My name is Alysia. I live in Washington State near Seattle. I lived here for 2 years. Prior to that I lived in Phoenix for 1.5 years and I lived in Texas for 22 years before that! I have been married for 3.5 years and have a beautiful 13 month old daughter. I need to lose 70 lbs. and need to find the motivation and support to do it. I am tired of being an unhealthy person and want to have a better quality of life. Not only for myself, but for my husband and daughter!

Thanks for listening!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

sace

2 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  7:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HI ya'll, I just got signed up last night by my husband. I was doing WW for 2 weeks, lost 5, gained 3 and then got tied up and missed a weigh-in. The next day I get a postcard from them telling me that for additional $$$ I can come back as long as I do so by a certain date. I had no idea missing one meeting and not going that day somewhere else to weigh-in would get me fined. So I went looking for an alternate. I accidently found this site looking online to verify how long to bake a sweet potato.
I'm 51, live near Georgetown, TX and semi-retired. I make and design jewelry and maintain an ebay business and another online store. As a result of being home busy at my computer or sitting making things, I became sedintary. I joined a gym last year which has helped and I continue to go a couple times a week. Menopause hit and that didn't help matters either.
My husband for the past ten years does all the shopping and cooking. I never had a weight problem prior. We both like to cook, but at the time it fit into his schedule better then mine. So he took over. Now the problem is I have to eat what he fixes. So, what we really need is to make him aware of what is needed and work on our menues. I am starting to participate in cooking again too. I do some of the prep work and let him finish it up. This helps us to eat earlier in the evening.
The short time in WW did show me some bad habits I have picked up. Such as skipping meals, and grabbing little snacks late afternoons, not drinking my water, and eating way to much come dinner time. Like I was trying to eat as much as DH ate! Oh, I also discovered my scale is broken! I weight myself and it shows I weight what I have for years, but my clothing was not coming close to fitting. I chalked that up to poor muscle tone due to time at home spent in yoga pants (stretch drawstring style). At WW I learned the truth.
DH and I had a heart to heart about this new truth and what I felt needed to happen to get back to a respectable size. I have no illusions about being 115 or looking like a 20 something yr. old. I just want to be healthy and look good in nice fitting clothes. So my goal is to get down to a size 12 and be about 145. I'm 185 now. I know I can do it.
Oh, someone (I forget the name) asked what was so bad about turning 30? Not a thing Hon, consider the alternative.
DH is having some issues with all this since all his favorite foods are off the menu, but he's behind me 100%. He looked the site over and bought me a 6 month membership. :)
I'm glad I found ya'll and look forward to the community support and networking.
Sace

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

sace

2 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  7:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ops, It's me again. I forgot to check the box to get notified about new posts. Sace

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  10:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
WELCOME SACE!!

I look forward to your input here on the forum! I am so glad to hear that you are continuing to go to the gym a few times a week! THAT is a GREAT start and learning some things through WW!! You have all the basic tools to begin making healthier choices!

We do not DIET here. Instead we have decided it is all about CHOICES. THERE ARE NO FORBIDDEN FOODS - THERE ARE NO BAD FOODS. Remember that. If you tell yourself that you can NEVER have <insert food here> ever again in your life you just might snap and BINGE one day. ALL foods are allowed.... but you must try to make the best CHOICE at the time.

I think WW has you track and write down all your calories, don't they? Points? Well, keep doing that! Write down EVERYTHING you put in your mouth! EVERY BITE (who was it who told us about BLTs: Bites, Licks, Tastes?) I use www.fitday.com to log in my daily foods. Once you have a week's worth of food & exercise logged in you can run all kinds of reports!! It has become a habit for me now.

The best thing you can do is make small changes. Make ONE small change and keep doing it. Perhaps start with your food journal. After that has become habit, then make another small change. If you try to jump immediately into a different lifestyle you could be setting yourself up for sabotage. You did not gain all the weight overnight.... it is not going to come off overnight.

You're gonna do GREAT!!! Thanks for joining us!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use