Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  1:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome, glad to have you!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

MichReads2

2 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  8:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone. My name is Michele but I go by Love2Lose on this site. I just came across this website today and thought it looked interesting. I have been battling my weight for about 15 years now. I was a skinny kid and slender in high school and University and began gaining weight in my late 20's and early 30's. [:(] I am really tired of "dieting". Anyway, I turned 45 in January. I am married, with no children by choice, and we have a handsome dog, Guinness, who is an 8 month old chocolate brown Standard Poodle. He's definitely my baby. We live in Waterdown, ON, Canada. It's an hour west of Toronto. About a 45 min. drive from the border at Niagara Falls,ON/NY or Fort Erie,ON/Buffalo,NY. Currently, I am not working but I am looking for a job in Human Resources. Since I don't have any experience in that field, I am finding it hard to transition into that career. My experience is in accounting for the most part. But I've had enough month-ends for this lifetime!!! [xx(] I am not sure if I am going to join the actual weight loss plan yet. It looks interesting though.

Nice to meet everyone,
[:)]Michele

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

ladybug_te

1 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  08:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello All!! My name is Tina and I live in Cleveland Texas. I am a momma of three wee ones, (ages 4,2 and 7 months) I have been married to hubby for 10 years. I have a huge desire to be good to myself, to change my eating styles/habbits and to workout in any shape fashion or form everyday. My greatest acomplishment so far in life has been to birth my last two babies at home (with midwife) following a c-section with my first. That has been my first step in going outside my comfort zone and now I am ready to work on ME!! Four weeks ago I put together a few charts to keep up with my progress, charting my weight, measurements, and activity and calorie totals, but I was missing something....and feel as though I have found it here...
No longer feel so ALL ALONE!!! My begining weight was 152 I am now 146 my main goal right now is to weigh 115 by the end of May ( my 29th b-day is the 7th of May) I do still nurse my 7 month old so I try not to lose too much too fast. Once I get to the 115 mark I will be better able to gage were to go from there..I am short (4'11'') charts have me at 95-110 lbs. Looking foward to all the help and insight I will get and have already gotten just from reading previous posts. Thanks...TE!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jifivern@earthlink.net

1 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  09:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I'm newbie. I'm jennifer, 45, lived in northern Indiana for past 6 1/2 yrs(Moved around every 3-4 yrs before that),just south of Michigan >2 miles-thus the "Michiana" name. Need to start paying attention, as 10 lbs creeped up last year--and instead of taking 30-40 off, now I need to lose at least 50. Trouble finding time to exercise, paying atttention to WHAT goes in my mouth and WHY. I substitute teach and work for my church p/t. 1 DD (16) a true blessing and 1 DH of almost 24 years, both with his metabolism. 2 dogs(labs) and 2 cats--so I don't have "just" 1 child, a Limited Edition!
I'll be checking for motivational ideas and articles, try to keep up with recipes and menus (took a while to navigate) and Exercise regularly.
Have coped with MS and Colorectal Cancer for past 22 and 15 years respectively. High Blood Pressure the past 3--and want the weight issue off the cause list for HTN. Don't smoke or drink- but eating seems to be my vice.[8)]
looking forward to meeting buddies here!
peace,
jennifer

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

popcornrocks

1 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  2:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello! I,m popcorn rocks.
I'm new to the computer and to this web site BUT not new to weight troubles.We all can reach our goals.Be patient.

Nice to be here with ya'll. I'm from GA

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

chelle fair

1 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  3:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone. My name is Michelle. I'm 32, from NC, married with two sons. I'm new to the site and joined because I needed some motivation to become healthier. I'm several pounds overweight and really want to get in shape. I'd love to be part of a support system that will encourage and motivate me to reach my goals.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  3:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome to all our newbies. I hope you'll stick around and post some - questions, comments, things your gratefull for, goals.... whatever. It's just nice to have new faces and new approaches.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

yogi bear

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  4:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holly

Great idea!

My name is Holly. I will be turning 30 this year (scary). I live in upstate New York - and that does NOT mean just above NYC. I live in a suburb of Syracuse which is a lovely place if you don't mind the horrible lake effect snow we get all winter. This summer notwithstanding - very rainy, our summers are usually nice, although I wouldn't mind it if it were a bit warmer since we bought a house last year with a swimming pool.

On October 1 I will celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary with my sweet hubby. We have been together since I was 15 - so half my life. We have 2 dogs - McKenzie (a dalmatian) and Amber (a chocolate lab) who are my babies. We are not having any children by choice.

I am the secretary to one of the two remaining partners in a real estate development company - we do everything! Hotels, apartment complexes, retail, you name it. The company is small, but it keeps me extremely busy (I shouldn't even visit here, but it is about the only break I get most days). In addition to my regular job, I am starting a side business doing medical transcription and mobile notary public (which I need for my day job, so I thought I would try to make it work for me for a change).

As far as health and fitness - when I got married 10 years ago I weighed 200 pounds. In late 1999 and early 2000 I devoted my efforts to losing my weight and in late 2002 I was all the way down to 133 pounds - and looked darn good, not perfect, but good (I am 5' 6") and was wearing a size 6. Then while preparing to move and starting my business around the same time, I got so busy that things got away from me again. I had no time or energy to exercise or even cook and was eating out at on and have gained back many pounds - I think my last weigh in was 155 - so I gained 22 pounds that I desparately need to get off of me, but am still having a difficult time finding the time to do what I know I have to. I'll get there though - I have faith in that.

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

jlb3333

2 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  10:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My name's Joan and I just posted a "hi to all" post. I'm 52, divorced and live in Canton, OH. I have 3 great kids - my daughter is 24 today (Happy Birthday, Jen!) and my sons are 21 and 20. All three are single, and the boys are both in the Army. Mike serves in Korea and Doug has been in Iraq for the past year - hopefully he'll be coming home within the next 3 months. It's been hard having him there.

I have about 20 to lose to bring me back to feeling like myself, and this time I'd like to see those pounds gone for good instead of welcoming them back when winter comes around. Exercise is my biggest challenge - no physical problems...I just hate to do it!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Nela

2 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  6:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone!!
I'm sooo glad I found guys! My name is Nela, I'll be 30 this year, I'm from Costa Rica. I've lost 44 pounds since last april, but I still have a looooong way to go!!! I hope I can get some tips from you all! It seems like I can't loose a pound anymore and I feel really frustrated!
Thanks for being here![:I]
Nela

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

MichReads2

2 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2005 :  3:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Hi Everyone:

It's Michele again. I decided to join the FoodFit plan. I hope this all works. I have been struggling a long time. Weight Watchers didn't work for me, South Beach didn't work for me, etc., etc., etc.[xx(]

I go by Michreads here because I love to read. It's my favourite pastime.

I have a dog and a husband, no kiddies. Have about 90 lbs to lose and really want to give this a try.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  09:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Neela - Oops - I should have read this post first - okay so now I know how kilos compare to pounds. Great job.

Welcome Michele - if you love to read, can you read while you do a stationary bike? That is about the only time I do read (I am so busy I need to multi-task). Maybe make a deal with yourself that you can only read while you are on the bike or maybe after you have done X amount of exercise and stick with it. Good luck.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

irishnl

4 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  7:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
[:)] Hi, I am new to this,,, not dieting--lol, but this forum. I have lost 95 lbs and have gained back 30. I need to get on track and get back into shape. I have started exercising again but it is the eating I can't seem to control. I enjoy food but lately I find myself eating junk even though I don't seem to enjoy the taste of it anymore, but yet I still eat it. I would welcome any and all suggestions and tips. Thank you in advance, I look forward to hearing all your stories. Laurie

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

mbeam25@msn.com

5 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  10:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My name is Mary and I love in Delaware. I'm 54, and would like to lose 25-30 pounds. I'm completely disgusted with myself and will try anything at this point. I welcome the motivation this community seems to inspire!

I live with my disabled brother, dog and cat. I'm a grandmother who completely dotes on her grandson, but is realizing I need to be healthy for him! I recently drove myself to the hospital because I thought I was having a heart attack, only to find out it was anxiety. I'm sure part of that relates to my feelings about myself!

So...I look forward to meeting you all and hopefully find a buddy who might live near here and/or shares my situation!

Good luck to all of you!
Mary

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

bionerd

3 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  1:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am bionerd because I teach Introductory Biology and Genetics. My husband is in computer science so he is the computer geek. Our future kids have very little hope of being cool. [:<>]

We were married one year ago and before the wedding I was pretty good about eating healthy and exercising, but I've slacked off a little. Lately my clothes have been a little tight and I want to lose about 10 pounds. I'm glad to have the chat forum to give and recieve encouragement!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

melanieruby

1 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2005 :  01:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello all--I'm Melanie. I recently heard about Food Fit from a co-worker that loves the recipes. I thought I'd try it out for a few months. I'm 27 and just had my 2 year wedding anniversary. No children yet, although I do consider our dog as our "first child". My main goals are to eat healthier and to lose about 10-15 lbs. My husband and I moved to Idaho within the last year so he could take a new job as a fireman. The best part about his job is he has tons of time to get in shape--and it has put pressure on me to catch up! If only I had his schedule! Anyway, I thought I'd start with improving our diets with healthy meals at home, and to set some exercising goals. We'd like to have children soon and it would be great to be in shape before pregnancy so it is easier to maintain and to get back in shape after.

I think it is great that Food Fit has a community of support. I hope to be in touch with progress!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

iluv2teach@frontiernet.net

2 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  11:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
well, i think i put in my last message i am from arizona. it is avery tiny town called Golden Shores. We are five hours from phoenix, the capital of arizona. Just past lake havasu city about 30 minutes along the beautiful Colorado River. And yes it is still hot here, about 115 but will probably be about 120 or higher by end of summer. Thank God for our beautiful river. However, if you go about another 2 hours from her e you can find the cool pines of Flagstaff where my husband and i swear one day we are gonna move to and get out of this heat! He and my kids are avid fishermen and we are all avid swimmers!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

teresa31

1 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  9:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hello all my name is teresa and i am 33 yrs.old i have been on here before but get discouraged and quit.i have 2 kids 6 and almost 12,i have been trying to lose weight,blood tests for diabetes and chlostrel were not so good,i live in a small town in pa with the hubby kids dog and cat.one good thing is i have lost 17 pounds and am getting frustrated at not losing anymore.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

reckles2005

2 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  08:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I just joined yesterday. My name (screen) is reckles. I am from upstate ny. Way up by the Canadian border. It gets very cold here. I live in a farming area (dairy mostly) I love it here. I am a widow, I had a great marriage, My husband and I were married very young, had 3 children, and were maried for 38 years before he died.(a very sad time for me) 9 yrs ago. I am now retired and do alot of gardening. I have 3 small dogs that keep me company and keep me going. My children are all growen and on their own for a long time now. I have 4 growen grandchildren. I have gained 20 pounds after retiring and am working to take it off.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  09:03:51 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well I am hoping the system will allow me to post. Lately it has been acting up!

A BIG ROMPER ROOM WELCOME TO:

Laurie – keep at it girl! You’re doing GREAT!
Mary – You are on the right track! Nothing like motivation to get you started!
Bionerd – yup. Your kids are gonna get picked on WELCOME!
Melanie – PERFECT mindset for a healthier lifestyle!
2teach – I have a friend who just bought a 2nd home in Tombstone! HOT HOT HOT
Teresa – Teresa! I REMEMBER YOU! Welcome BACK! It’s never too late to make better choices! You’re gonna do FANTASTIK!
Reckless – Another East Coaster! Welcome to the forum Reckles!

Keep coming back and posting all your questions, progress and setbacks! There are so many threads to post on so most of us tend to hang around on the Fitness Focus forum! Check in and let me know how you are all doing!!!

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use