Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

deazinn

2 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  3:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello to all!
My name is Deanna and I live in SouthCentral PA..just 30 minutes from Hersheypark! I'm 38, married 18 years with two teens.
I am currently at 212 at 5 foot 2 inches, and just started pilates classes as well as some very light weight training (with the machines). I am also a Fibro person, with the added fun of having a congenital condition called Ehlers Danlos syndrome, which basically means all of the collegen/connective tissue in my body is defective.

I love moose, dragonflies, my family, and chocolate - not in that order!
I'm looking forward to chatting with you all, 'tho I tend to be a lurker.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cometchaser

822 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  12:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Deanna!

I'm also fond of moose, chocolate, dragonflies, and family. and moose and dragonflies dipped in chocolate... [:P]

more importantly I'm also a fibro person. I have a friend (girlfriend of my brother) who has Danlos syndrome as well. It's an interesting condition. must make the fibro that much more challenging. yuck. hang in there.

Dont give up and dont get defeated, there are others out here happy to listen. a good first step is to start posting grats over in "Fitness Focus" it's a small thing, but it gets you thinking positive rather than negative, and believe it or not that's a huge step. It also gets you checking in with yourself EVERY DAY... again, a very important step.

Progress begins with these little first steps. You eat an elephant a bite at a time, not swallowing whole. you lose weight, gain health, and in our case gain strength and energy and get off meds, by taking little tiny steps and making them habit.

and if you ever want to talk about Fibro, or weight problems, or dragonflies... you can find me around here most days.

light and love,

Comet

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  08:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cometchaser

I'm also fond of moose, chocolate, dragonflies, and family. and moose and dragonflies dipped in chocolate...
How about CHOCOLATE MOUSSE?!?!

Welcome! Welcome!

Comet is my ROCK and she helps keep me grounded and clear! There are a lot of great gals here on this board! Lurk or be seen! It'a all good! [:D]

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

scahrens

1 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  07:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone,

I have been a subscriber for a while, but didn't know this community was there. I only found it this morning in one of my emails.

My name is Suzy and I live in upstate NY (I see that there are others in this neighborhood as well). I live in a suburb of Rochester. This summer has been wonderful. We have been hot (well, except for the last copule of weeks) and we have been enjoying a lot of outdoor activities.

I am married to a wonderful man and I have 2 fantastic little boys (ages 4 and 1). I am an engineer at a R&D corporation. I also a Master Fitness By Phone Coach® and have business of Sunndance Fitness; Fitness By Phone®. I also teach 3 different fitness classes at a local corporate fitness facility.

We love to go out an play with the boys. Since they are getting bigger, we are able to ride bikes and go for walks with them. My older boy is playing a little soccer, so we have fun teaching the basics while playing as well. My extended family is local and we enjoy spending time with as well.

I am really busy, but I am good at organization and make sure I have time for everyone - including myself (that is important also).

I love my life and I am happy to be on this board to speak with all of you.

Take care to all of you.

In health and fitness,
Suzy

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  09:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Suzy! Nice to meet you. And I agree - this summer has been great (except the cooler last couple weeks). I am in a suburb of Syracuse, so we are practically neighbors. Glad you found the board.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

truthfly

1 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  3:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi! My name is Ruth and I live in Kansas (not far from Kansas City, Missouri) I am a breast cancer survivor (stage 4) and it will be 2 years in December since I was diagnosed.[:)]!!!!
It's been a long haul, but I'm still kicking! I am 40, married and have a 22 year old stepson. I joined a gym to help get rid of about 40-45 pounds. I weigh about 172 and am 5'4". Somehow I'm not making it to the gym. The meal bars they gave me samples of were awful, so I'm trying to find some other quick,tasty,healthy options, plus some motivation to get my butt back into the gym. I know my life might literally depend on it!
All of you seem really nice, and if there's anyone I can help, let me know!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

disgustedinflorida

2 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  5:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello again!!! my name is Lynnette I live in Florida. I am married for the 3rd time to a wonderful man (that sabotages my diet all the time!!!). I have a son 19 years old that drives me crazy and two beautiful rottweilers that are my daughters!!!!. I also take care of my mom. I am the leader of a local TOPS chapter. I am 44 years old i am a case manager for people that are full blown AIDS. I love my job and would not change it for the world. I am at 336 now but i am hoping to some day get rid of the extra weight. That is me in a nutshell. I am here to help and get involve.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

savmar2

2 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  07:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I see nobody has posted here for awhile so I thought I would start it up again. I loved reading through everyone's information. My name is Paula and I am 36. I live in WV about 2 hours outside of Washington, DC. I have been married for 11 years and have a 10 year old daughter and a 9 year old daughter. I work full-time for the federal government and I also run a business from home selling on ebay. I run all day and evening with the kids and joined this sight to give me structured meal plans. If it's written down, I can do it. I just joined on Friday and have been happy with the recipes we have tried.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

TracieInGB

1 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  4:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Everyone! I'm TracieInGB. I live in Wisconsin. I am thinking about joining this program and really found your notes encouraging. I am 45 years old. I have 3 children, 3 stepchildren and 8 grandchildren. I'm married to my best friend, Tim.

I have gained 20+ lbs over the last 5 months and am generally not feeling well physically. I am 5'5" and weigh 158 as of this morning. This site tells me I should be at a maximum of 144 lbs. My personal goal is 130.

I feel like no matter what I do, I can't lose weight. I have been keeping a notebook of what I eat, but I must admit that I don't write down every single "taste" I take of things. I also have a hard time getting myself to exercise. Not my favorite thing to do. I am so tired at the end of the day. I work full-time and go to school at night part-time. No excuse though, I know.

I am thinking that if I take the advice I've seen here, join the program and use the daily food diary, etc., maybe I can get myself to where I am not depressed anymore.

My husband and I are going on a trip in January to Las Vegas for his cousin's wedding. My goal is to lose enough weight by then to feel comfortable in my blue jeans again. I just went out and bought new suit outfits and skirt/jacket outfits for work a few months ago, and they are all tight on me already. I don't know if there is a change in my hormones causing this sudden change or what, but I can tell you I am not buying larger clothes! I can't afford to throw away the ones I just bought!

So, bear with me everyone. I'm going to try. I've never joined a weight loss program before, so I may have a lot of questions until I figure out what I'm doing here.

Take Care Everyone!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

sammom2

2 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  09:34:39 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi! Carol here-I live in Catonsville Maryland- right outside of Baltimore- suburbs. I am 35, I have 2 children and a great husband. I am a stay at home Mom. Glad to meet you all!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lastbrat

4 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2005 :  1:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi to all! I'm soon to be 32,married 10yrs & have 2 sons,10 & 6.I live in Kansas & have lost 26Lbs since March.I hope to lose 15 more.I'm so glad I found this place because I've been going back to old ways.I've lost weight before & have been thin but this time i'm working on being tone & it's a whole new feeling.I felt good being thin but being tone is wonderful!5lb weights got my flabby arms ready for tanktops this summer.I waved at everyone with no fear & didn't knock down one person behind me!Hope to get to know you all & I look forward to snooping around here.Great luck to everyone...don't forget your fiber!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cutiepiesweetpea1113

5 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  12:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Hello everyone! My name is Dominique and I am from Orange county, Califorina. I am 21 years old with a husband who is in the service, stationed in Germany. I have health problems that sort of has me stuck over here while he is literally across the world.
I guess I joined this site to try to try recipes that will help me lose 20 pounds and keep it off. I think I am the yo-yo queen, sometimes almost starving myself to lose the weight. I guess with a healthy diet that doesn't include starving myself will help me. My problem is also exercise. I think that if everyone grabbed a friend who was motivated than we would all be exercise dominators, but it doersn't work that way. lol Well if anyone needs someone to talk to about certain diet plans or if anyone needs motivation...I am a motivater queen! Well I look forward to talking to all of you and Good luck with everything you do!
Dominique

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  09:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome Dominique and lastbrat.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Suzy

88 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  08:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Everyone,

I just discovered the Neighborhood yesterday although I have been a member of the FoodFit network for a year. I too am from upstate NY, Rochester working in the Cancer Center at RGH. I am a medical transcriptionist; so I can relay to all of you how important it is to keep out weight at a healthy level and to stay active, don't smoke or drink (or at least moderately). Enough preaching. I really love my job though. I have been married for 36 years and am the oldest of 13 children with no children of my own but sure do have a lot of nieces and nephews and great nieces and nephews. Never a shortage of children, when I would like one for the weekend. The old weight has been gradually creeping up over the years and at an all time high of 178 lb. I said "oops". I just love sweets. Since May I have been really trying. Got down to 166 which is better but back to 170 yesterday; this morning back to 168 after no sweets yesterday and exercising for 45 minutes. I break my exercising into 20 minute segments, 20 before breakfast, 20 minute walk or climbing 21 flights of stairs up and down during breaktime and then 20 minutes of something before supper. It works. My knees no longer bother me and my abdominals are getting stronger every day. Well enough. Glad to meet you all. Suzy-Q

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  08:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If I haven't said so already, welcome, Sue. That is so neat - you are in Rochester, I am in Syracuse - we both do medical transcription!! Very cool. I work two jobs - one full time during the day and MT at night.

We're so glad to have you on board.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Suzy

88 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  09:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good Morning Holly,

We are a dying breed. I was looking over some notes from a hospital that were done by voice recognition dictation. I was not impressed. The computer transcribed what it heard without correct use of verb tenses, punctuation, etc. I agree about keeping a food diary. I ate my way through Tuesday with sweets galore. I just love sweets. Working in a Cancer Center during the holidays is a real trial as the patients bring us goodies from now until after Christmas. I have been here four years now since The Genesee Hospital closed and this is where I gained those extra pounds. Everyone says the same thing; so there is always something here tempting us.

Edited by - Suzy on 11/10/2005 1:00:07 PM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  10:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was under the assumption that most services that use voice recognition were then proofed by a human. It is really scary to think that it would just go as is. I am constantly correcting the grammar of my ESL doctors.

Doing cancer must really be difficult. I do a little bit of everything. I work for a small hospital north of Syracuse (in Fulton). I do H&Ps, ops, discharge, clinic notes, ER, consults. The death summaries always get to me, no matter how old the patient. I also hate it when I am doing a clinic note and cancer is a possible diagnosis. It just breaks my heart.

And I sure know where you are coming from - I love sweets, too. They are my downfall. Yesterday I had a cookie and three fun-size Butterfinger Crisps. That added 700 calories to my day. One thing that has helped me is that when I am typing for the hospital, I am doing it from home now. They set me up at home about a month ago. It has helped so much. I was eating from the vending machine for dinner on the nights I worked. Not anymore!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cutiepiesweetpea1113

5 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  1:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That is great Holly! I remember whenever I worked late at my old job, I would get low blood sugar if I did NOT eat something.The only option I ha d was the vending machine. The healthiest thing they had in the vending machine was cheese nips.

I lost one pound in the past two weeks. I don't know why. I have been excercising like crazy and dieting like crazy. I hacve not had and sweets or fats these past 2 weeks , and one lb to show for it...Oh well maybe I am at the platau and its harder to lose these last few lbs. Or maybe its muscles? I don't know.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

tranche_de_vy

1 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  9:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hello everyone. i'm kim and i just joined a couple of minutes ago. i'm a 24 year old graduate student in orange county (california).

i'm not overweight, but i've always had bad eating habits. it wouldn't hurt to lose some weight to be healthier as well. i guess i joined in hopes to learn a few things about food and potentially keep myself on track...it's hard sometimes being a student who doesn't cook! i want to start taking better care of this body--the only one i've got.

anyways, thanks for reading. on to exploring this site.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Theresa130225

739 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  7:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh my goodness Ive been gone sence Aug and look at all of the new people I need to meet.

My name is Theresa and Ive been coming to foodfit for close to 4 years now...this is the longes Ive been away. I miss everone

Iam from LAX Los Angels Airport in California

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use