Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rhondafaith1959

23 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  9:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi to all i also live in oregon portland to be exact and was raised in houston tx i do like this site, wish there was a chat room the only thing is that the meals r 2 hard for me to fit in so i just do what i can. maybe all us oregonians could get together sometime, let me know

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

rhondafaith1959

23 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  7:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hey there alansgrandma,
i'm really sorry to hear about your problems losing weight, i feel your pain, i really have not found a diet that works either but i am not too heavy and they say the heavier you r the faster it comes off and i had a very heavy friend that did sommersizing and it worked really really good. maybe give that one a try.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

penguinjo

1 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  5:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I'm a newbie...I am about 40 pounds overweight and my problem is more not being active than anything else. I hope to reach my Goal weight by my anniversary in June 06. I live in the Pacific NW and enjoy being with my family, cooking and hanging out on my favorite message board on The Parent Perspective website.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Pukey

11 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  11:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi there! I'm participating in this ROLE CALL and I am Pukey, I live in Germany, near Düsseldorf if anyone would know, perhaps flown through or over! I am not German, but I have been here for a loooong time and I often read this forum but don't always ask or reply, I am shy and don't always know what to say, perhaps I am boring. I am trying to lose weight but having problems with cortisone and since I last wrote I have had a bicycle accident and broke my elbow and rippen my left knee ligaments! I am recuperating slowly and that's why I started eating again because I was fed-up and couldn't go to the club to train! So I am back and back to the dieting.
I hope to hear from some of you, I am alone with my hunger!!!
Hope to read your stuff some!
Bye, Pukey

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lotus_blosum

2 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  12:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send lotus_blosum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone. I am a 29 female from the east coast looking to shed some extra padding. I have support from my husband (has recently shed some pounds) but sometimes he finds it hard to relate. I would really like to find someone with common personality that could offer a supportive hand. I lost several pounds 2 years ago due to illness but have managed to relocate them. Excited about the new year and what it may have to offer.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  5:19:27 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, lotus. Glad to have you. What part of the east coast do you live on?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

lotus_blosum

2 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  5:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send lotus_blosum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Holly - I am located in Charlotte, NC.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Lou Ann

1 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  4:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Everyone!
My name is Lou Ann and I am from Alabama. I am 44 years old, married, have two children ages 24 and 15 almost 16(Jan.13) and several kitties and one dog. I am diabetic and I desparately need to lose the weight. I have kept my diabeties under control but the weight keeps going up and I now really need to do some serious restructing of my diet. I am ready to start now, not because it is a new year. Now it is because it is life or death. So let's get started!!

Lou Ann

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

curvykitty

6 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  8:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow, y'all are all so young here. Is it because the technology aspect of this site keeps the elders away? Well, it doesn't scare me. :o)

Anyway, I just joined today. I will be 50 in March, so seeing you girls getting a little jittery about reaching 30 makes me smile. I'm feeling a little anxious about 50, too, though -- mostly because I am not at a weight I would like to be to cross that threshold.

But honestly, girls (and guys of there are any here) getting older is really a pleasure.

My screen name is Curvykitty. I'm more than curvy, though. I'm a biggun. I have more than 100 pounds to lose, and hope to experience success using the tools and support this site has to offer.

I look forward to popping by these forums to see how everyone's progressing, and to share my challenges and successes with all of you.

So, nice to meet you, and all the best as each of you journeys down this path.

Curvykitty

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  08:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Nice to meet you, too, Curvey Kitty.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  2:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi CurvyKitty and all the others I have missed!!!

Welcome! Welcome!

Kitty - I ain't so young! Jump in and join us! We have a lot to offer each other!

Come back and read, come back and post! Post your questions, concerns, gripes, goals and your sucess!! We look forward to your input!

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

AnnAfromLouisiana

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  10:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send AnnAfromLouisiana an AOL message  Send AnnAfromLouisiana a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Everyone,
my name is Anna and I am from Louisiana,although Hurricane Katrina decided I should move from there.My family and i now live in Houston,Tx.(southeatern surburban area,I live in Clear Creek City)we decided to rebuild our life here in TX. it is really so awesome here.We love it alot.
i am 38yrs old.
I have 3 childern,my oldest son is 21yrs old,guess hes not such a child anymore,and i have a 13 yr.old son,and a 8yr old daughter.
I am looking for some real support here.I am really trying to stear away from white refined products and break this sugar addiction that keeps this weight on me.I have recently started to have hairloss and Dr. says I am healthy so i think it is my horrible eating habits.
I need recipes badly on healthier foods to cook for me and my family.

Anyone needing a personal email fitness buddy,please dont hesitate to write to me at fairysdreamz@hotmail.com.
I find I do alot better if I have someone to alays be in contact with by emails daily.
Thanks for being here and allowing me to join.
hope you all have A Great Day.
Hugs to All,
AnnA

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  3:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi AnnA and WELCOME!!! We are a small group, but everyone here is SO SUPPORTIVE and helpful. We all encourage each other to keep moving forward and help each other make healthy changes.

I sounds like you are ready to begin making some changes. You have some great kids that you want to be around for!! You also should set a good example for them and help them get through life making healthy choices.

There are many way to get started. The first thing you should to is MEASURE EVERYTHIGN! It is realy easy to estimate food and then realize that what you thought was a portion was THREE portions! Measure everything!! E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Also read food labels.

I would like to suggest that you start a food journal. Be sure to write down EVERY SINGLE BITE you put in your mouth (after you have measured it! LOL)! Calories add up and you need to pinpoint when and how you are getting yours. Once you have logged your food for a week or more, you can analyze where your calories are coming from and where you can make healthier decisions. If you are feeling especially organized add a column to note your mood and the time (as well as your menstral cycle).

Remember that THERE ARE NO BAD FOODS!! You are ALLOWED to eat ANYTHING you want. You get to decide if the foods you are going to eat are the best choice at the time. Just remember that and don't beat yourself up if you make decision you regret later. Write it down and MOVE ON!

We all talk about making SMALL CHANGES on this board. This is the only way things actually stick! Make one small change at a time. Keep repeating that small change until it becomes a habit, then make another small change.

I think I have been making small changes for YEARS and it has helped me get to where I am today. I am not close to where I would like to be, but I can deal with this. Now I continue to make those small changes here and there!

Good Luck and keep us posted as to how you are doing!

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

hsy2mom

3 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  12:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hello everyone
i live in a small town in PA with my family and i am thirty years old.
i have a good 25 pounds to lose and i am looking forward to getting to know all of you...
i am good at helping others..i work in a gym..however, i need some sound ears who are willing to share..
:)

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

angelarb

2 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  1:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hihi, my name's Angela and I'm in Greensboro, North Carolina. I'm 27, and have recently lost more poundage and have felt more healthy than I have in my entire life. I'm basically here to get good recipes and read up on the cool articles they have here. :)

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Theresa130225

739 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  4:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
WoW I lve seeing this CurvyKitty Iam 51 for just a few week left and have been fitting my battle for years

I love this page and have printed it up before

I wonder about one we havent seen and Love seeing the new and looking for your words that can get me to be have my s selfe

Theresa

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Takakura

Japan
4 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  10:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I grew up in Japan but live in Napa Valley. I just moved into a french style house that is over a hundred years old. It's fantastic. Its been in my husbands family since it was built. there are old vineyards and gardens. I'm restoring an old garden that is within the court yard walls. There are old roses, bulbs, and other flowering plants but best of all is right out the kitchen door is a large herb garden that is just over grown with grasses and weeds. Everyday I find more and more herbs. It's wonderful.

I love the Napa Valley. I also, love my home, Japan, I cook traditional Japanese dishes that I learned in my mom's kitchen. I am also learning a lot of traditional Italian recipes from my husbands family. I love the fresh ingredients of both countries and living here in Napa is ideal.

There is a big myth that japanese women stay slim because it's in their genes but I'm here to tell you if I eat fast food and American food I get fat too. the first time I went home to Japan after living in California with all the yummy food I had gained 25 lbs and my mother gasped at the air port and said "ohhhh you are fat!!!" but after a month of living on just my mom's food I had lost the weight without knowing it. Also walking everywhere helped a lot!

I'm glad to have found this forum it seems like there are interesting people here.

Think of vegetables more often as a main dish and red meat as a side or occasional dish.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Jodi

9 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  11:21:44 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi I'm Jodi~

I'm a tree hugger who lives in the beutiful Northern Rockies in Jackson, WY.

I've had 2 orthopaedic mishaps in the past 4 years~ totaling 6 surgeries! In a strange way, though, the injuries and rehab put me in touch with my body and life goals in a unique way. Rehab requires patience, humility, and accepting body-awareness. I love to hike and ride my bikes. Using my legs to move me through the wilderness fills me with incredible joy and peace. Now, eating healthy foods makes me feel clean and strong, and then I feel so much better when hiking or riding. I come home sweetly exhausted and all I crave are those good foods (and a beer).

Everybody take care~ go hug a tree and enjoy your body :)

Hugs, Jodi

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

shashaso

1 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  2:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi there,
I just recently got married and moved to the Chicago burbs from ATL, GA. I have totally lost my sense of being healthy and working out. I think a lot of it has to do with the multiiple life changes but I am really looking for inspiration to get back into shape. In any event I feel like I'm back at the Freshman 15 at age 31!

So...we just bought a high-end elliptical machine and my husband and I signed up for the Chicago Marathon. I know a pretty big task for someone that has lost all motivation. I'm hoping to find some people to keep me motivated as well as maybe find some people in the Chicago area to do healthy things with like taking a brisk walk or run.

Thanks in advance for all of the good tips and blurbs of inspriation.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

foodfiend20

5 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  9:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Everyone!

I am a food-fiend! A foodie. I love to cook, love to eat, but only the healthy stuff. I just turned 48, my husband will be 54 next week, and we are the healthiest we've ever been. I takes a lot of work, though. An awful lot. But we have stuck at it for almost 15 years now.

I found this website while doing a recipe search (Grilled Salmon with Lemon Cucumber Salad, try it!)

I live in Southwestern PA with my husband and cat. I force myself to exercise each day and have only recently discovered that I enjoy running (who'd have thought???). I just have to make myself do those weight-bearing exercises that are so important... ;)

Looking forward to getting lots of healthy recipes and info on this site!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use