Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  9:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Greetings Anais!!!

It is so nice to see some young people come in and join our group!! PLEASE PLEASE stop by often and lend us your support and experience!!

I too am sone of the few people who do not drink soft drinks (even diet and no calorie) - I REAllY thinks this helps me a lot.... not sure why (sodium? carbonation?)) but I think it makes a difference no less.

We try to discuss the reality of maintaining an every day diet of balance here. We constantly discuss "small changes" that eventually become habit...then another small change can come into play.

WELCOME and I hope to see you again soon! These gals are THE BEST!! I LOVE THEM ALL!!

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Coontree

24 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  12:08:22 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome
Not all is Gals
fresh fruit is much cheeper and better for you then fruit cups. Next would be frozen, same with the veg. It is hard to keep fresh foods in the dorm, but ifin ya live off campas then it would be better for ya.
Good luck and the lady's here will help ya any way they can

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

kelki

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  07:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone!!! My name is Kelly and I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario. I am @ 60 lbs. over healthy weight and am struggling to get things under control. I work full time, married, 15 yr. old daughter, 3 cats 2 dogs- lots of insanity!!!! Was once thin, 5 years ago- but the fat me ate the skinny me! Daughter & I joined local Goodlife gym together last week (she is bigger too) and have realized that the torture equipment needs to be explained! Have hired personal trainers for us, but I am having a hard time finding time to eat right, exercise and fit everything else in!!!!! Any help, comments, suggestions are welcomed!!!!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

swest1959

1 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  5:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I live in Escondido California and need to lose 40 lbs. Does anyone live close to me????

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

MichelleH

3 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  01:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone,

I'm new, just signed up two days ago. I'm excited about the website. I think the menus are going to make life a lot easier for me. I'm the wife of a wonderful husband, the mom of two wonderful sons, I work full-time and am a college student. I really should be in bed right now. '-)

My food addiction began in high school. I lost the weight by starving myself, but that was 18-20 years ago and I can't and don't want to do that again. I struggle ten pounds. I'm trying to make healthy lifestyle changes so that I won't feel constantly consumed with what I'm eating. I'd like it to become a natural part of my life, not a struggle to choose the right food.

It will be nice getting to know you. I hope that I can be a support to some of you. Oh, by the way, I'm 37 and live in Southern Oregon.

By for now.
Michelle

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

kathyNC

1 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  4:08:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello. I just signed up at this site. I live in eastern NC, about 2 hours from the coast and an hour from Raleigh. I need all the help I can get when it comes to a healthy eating. I'm not really overweight but would be happy to lose 10 pounds. I love to eat out, love take-out, love fast food and most of all, CHOCOLATE!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

hairgood

1 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  4:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Greetings All,

My name is Michelle and I live in Houston, Texas. 38 year old with one son. I need to get motivated to cook. I actually like to cook but I have no imagination as far as recipe. I am asking for some new meal plans. Also, I want to start cooking healthy!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Zig2k143

4 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  6:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I'm Gerry lost 123 pounds in a year... I was born in NYC and move to Pa 2 years ago to be closer to my daughter. I love it up here and I love my life.

I also just started a new weight loss community. I have lots of success stories, forums, chat rooms, and much more...

Gerry
Started Weight 431 / Current Weight 308 / Goal Weight 218
Founder
[url]www.afitspot.com[/url]

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

andirae79

2 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  5:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello all. My name is Andrea and I live in Iowa. I am not sure if anyone is still looking at this topic, but I enjoyed reading through some of the responses, so I thought I would add to it. I am 27, married with 2 kids, a cat and a dog. I would like to lose about 65 pounds and am looking for the healthy way to do it. I previously lost 50 pounds doing the Prism weight loss program, but went back to my old ways and gained almost all of the weight back. My husband was recently diagnosed with being diabetic and of course blames me for his not being able to follow the doctors orders of food intake. (Even though he stops at a gas station everyday and gets a Snickers bar on his way to work, it of course is all my fault!) We are both looking to learn how to eat better, not be on a diet.

Anyway, if anyone reads this: Hello and good luck to all!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

judi@in-homefitness.com

8 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  6:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello There!

My name is Judi Finneran and I am new to the group. I am on day four of my new health and fitness program. Did not want to wait until the new year, so I decided to get a jump start.

I live in North County San Diego, CA. My husband and I have 4 almost all grown kids, 22,20 and 17 year old twins.

What I am doing differently this time in my release of excess weight is to include daily exercise. That is something I have never been very dedicated to and I intend to change that.

I run two home based businesses and I love both of them. I love to learn, read and watch sunsets over the ocean. My family are vegetarians and don't eat any poultry, meat or fish.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Cheers, Judi

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

judi@in-homefitness.com

8 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  9:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
[quote]Originally posted by swest1959

I live in Escondido California and need to lose 40 lbs. Does anyone live close to me????

Hi There, I live in Carlsbad/Oceanside area!

Cheers, Judi

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  1:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
WOW! There have been so many new members coming here in the last few months!

WELCOME!! WELCOME!!

I hope you come here often for inspiration.
I hope you come here often to GIVE inspiration!

We are a small group, but a friendly and helpful one. Naturally we are all busy with life, things get hectic and we don't make the time to post. Be sure to ask as many questions as you like and be sure to post as much helpful information as you can!!

I try to post every few days just to make myself remember that life is a journey and you must do whatever it takes to remain focused.

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

KarenD

11 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  2:13:33 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

My name is Karen and I live in Eastern Pa with my husband and two dogs Chrissie and Roxie, both Shelties. I am 24 years old and am 200 pounds, which for a woman of 5'6" is not healthy. I have always been very athletic and in my high school years I was very much in shape. However, I grew up with three older brothers, one of whom felt the need to call me "fat" and "stupid." So even in a size 8 I felt large and odd. Sure, he meant to be just an older brother picking on his younger sister, but over time it developed into my own little demon.
My freshman year in college I stopped eating and exercised immensly. After that year I crashed and burned and gained everything and more back. Over the years I've gained and stabilized at 200 pounds. I've fought this battle for ten years now and I'm too young to continue with it. I've joined a local Curves and now this. My problem is food; without a doubt. I need more options for better, healthier food. Luckily, I married my high school sweetheart last year and he is there every step of the way. He's seen me at my lightest and now my heaviest and he isn't going anywhere. Other than the health reasons and trying to accomplish an overall better way of living, I'm looking to lose weight in hopes that it will help with us expanding our family.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Suzy

88 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  3:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Karen and Judy,
I live in western New York way up near Lake Ontario, Rochester to be exact. Slowly over the years I have gained too from a 110 up to 173.5 at the present time. I wear a pedometer every day and try to make 10,000 to 12,000 steps per day, which has helped me stay stable in the last year or so. Because I love sweets so much and around the holidays there are always so many sweets around here (work in a Cancer Center), it seems I am always nibbling away at cookies, candy, cake, etc. Bad bad bad. Glad to have you join the group. Check in whenever you can in the "fitness" category. That is where we share our successes and not so successes.

Suzy

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

BlueOblivion

2 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  10:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone,

I am a 30 year old mom of two that is interested in getting back to an active lifestyle. Since having both my kids, I haven't been as good to myself as I know I should be. My goals are simple ones.

1. To exercise on a daily basis ( walking, aerobics, strength training)

2. To learn to cook proper meals that the entire family can enjoy.

3. To get healthy so that I do not acquire the same health problems that my mother is currently dealing with (diabetes, high blood pressure).

4. To learn to follow through when I set goals.

I hope to learn as much as I can reading this site, so that I can learn to make better decisions when it comes to my health and nutrition.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

sonflowrr

1 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  12:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, I just joined today. I live in Chino California. I am a 33 and a teacher. I am 5 foot 1 inch and 237 lbs. My goal weight is 130--the last time I was that weight was in my early 20s. Within the last three years, I have noticed changes in my body that concern me...alongside seeing a friend of mine dying from cancer and some of my family member incurring type II diabetes...I've decided that I need to take better care of myself. I am glad to have found this website and an outlet to those with likeminded goals.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Will07

2 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  06:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Folks-I'm new to this Forum.I live in the Town of Grafenhausen,Germany with my Wife,Maggie.We went to High School together at Dorsey High in Los Angeles,Ca.,graduating in S'53.
My name is Bill.Maggie and I were married-Aug.11,2005 in Kensington,Md.-after an absence of not seeing each other for 50 years.That's another Story!Maggie has lived in Germany for 45 years,having had a career as an Opera Singer.
I was previously living in Madison,Wi.from 1994 till 2005.Prior to that I had lived in Los Angeles,Ca.almost all my life-although I was born in Madison,Wi.
. Maggie and I are retired now.We both could be healthier,atbetter and get more exercise.Unfortunately,we both have a few health problesm;she has diabetes,and I have High Blood Pressure,along with a Hernia(which I will need an operation for,in the near future), and will need a right hip replacement.
We both are considerably over-weight-so we need to very much find ways and act on ways to improve our health-all around.
By using this Forum-we hope to learn more,and apply what we learn to improving our health.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Suzy

88 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  2:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Bill and Maggie,
Welcome aboard. Glad to hear that you are interested in trying to find ways to improve and better yourselves health-wise even with the problems facing you. With both a hernia and needing a hip replacement walking is probably a little difficult. Though perhaps just lifting light weights while seated and maybe doing some leg lifts while seated could be of some benefit too; just to keep everything moving and circulating. Do join us at the "Fitness" category where we meet whenever possible to relate our achievements, goals and grats.

Suzy

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

kendi25

2 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  10:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Everyone:
I am Kendella, I am new here and I live in Louisiana.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

luvlynspecial

2 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  10:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey,

My name is Gena, Iím 27 from Connecticut. I have no kids, unless you can consider my two dogs and cat kids. I am a Planning Analyst for a nonprofit agency, which means I sit on my but all day and stare at the computer.

I never really considered myself over weight until now. I gain 30 pounds in 2 years, thatís seems to be much. I saw myself just gaining the weight. I can remember when I was 125 pounds. Doctors use to worry that I was too small for my height, now they worry that if I keep gaining weight I will have health problems. Right now I am border line to becoming diabetic (my biggest fear).

Not a day goes by that someone doesnít tell me that I look bigger, Iím fat, or my stomach is getting bigger. It is so bad that people keep asking me if Iím pregnant. It depressing and embarrassing. I donít like hearing these things. It is sort of weird though. When I was small, people would tell me Iím too skinny and I look like a tooth pick. My goal is to reach my ideal weight for my height (150 lbs for 6í) and to look good in a pair of jeans with out my stomach hanging out. I just want to feel and look better.

I know I have to be strong, but itís hard. I am by myself on this. My friends are small, and wear clothes that show off their bodies. My significant other; even though he gained weight along with me, has no desire to lose any. I guess Iím just looking for people who are like me (struggling) to help give me the confidence and support to lose weight.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use