Username:
Password:
Forgot your login? | Admin Options

PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Welcome to the Neighborhood
 ROLE CALL! Who are you & where does everyone live?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav
Page: of 14 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JenniferFerguson

1 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  1:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone,

My name is Jennifer and I live in a little tiny town in Northern Michigan. I am a stay at home mom of 2 beautiful childre, Ian is 3 and Cora is 7 months. I have been overweight for most of my life and have tried most plans out there, but never with enough seriousness to succeed. I found that pregnancy was the only time when it was easy for my to lose weight. When I was pregnant with my son I had pre-eclampsia and still only gained 22 pounds. A week after his birth that weight was gone. Then with my daughter I gained 9 lbs, she was 9lbs 10oz. I breastfeed her and lost 40lbs. Over the last 5 months or so I have gained back more than half that 40lbs. I have resorted to looping a rubberband through the button hole of my jeans so that I can get them to fit. My wonderful husband caught me doing this the other day and laughed his butt off. So I decided enough of this and have decided to seriously get down to business and lose the weight that I have been carring around. This year my husband and I, along with 16 of my relatives, are going to Scotland for 2 weeks. So my first goal is to drop 50 pounds by the end of July. I believe that I can do that with support of my family, friends and the Food Fit plan. So good luck and happy dieting to you and to me.

Have a wonderful day!!

Jennifer

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

TeacherSu

1 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  12:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi. I'm Susan. I'm 43, married, living in Illinois.
I have worked most of my life but the last two years I have been home in order to help out my family and enjoy the last few years of having kids around. I have a son who is a freshman in college and a daughter who is a junior in high school. My son was a competitive runner in high school, and attained all state status by finishing in the top 10 in the 800m at the state track meet. He also competed in the state meet in cross country. My daughter plays varsity tennis and runs track. As a result we are constantly carbo loading at our house. My son prefers pastas with cheese (fettucini alfredo, mac n cheese, etc.) Now that he is away at school, I am looking forward to carbo loading my daughter, but with lower fat sauces. She is perfectly happy with marinara, etc. Hopefully this will make an impact on our overall health. I am also trying to take time for myself by incorporating more exercise into my schedule. So far I have been very happy with the recipes I have tried on the website. I am a definite foodie, so am very picky about flavor and taste. I am glad the things I have made so far have been so yummy! Hopefully by keeping better track of what I eat, and feeling more accountable for my exercise time, I will be able to make some progress toward losing weight.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

pastrybtch

2 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  4:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hello all
my name is chritie
i live in Washington sate
i am 33 years old
i am a pastry chef
I LOVE SUGAR/CHOCOLATE

I live with my boyfriend and we are both very overweight and concerned about our health.
I am hoping to start using menu planning/shopping tools to get us prepared to eat rite. Rite now we eat from the drive though almost every day, and we both feel like ......*#*#!!(not good)

well wishes to all

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

mindybryson

2 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  8:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I'm Mindy and live right outside of Nashville, TN. I'm 27, married with two children, which is why I decided to join this site. I'm hoping to get my whole family fit and healthy!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Naomi_Adams

2 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  1:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
My name is Naomi Sarahi Carbajal de Adams (whew, mouthful!)I currently live in North Carolina with my husband who is in the ARMY. I am a full-time student and housewife working for a degree in Human Resources management. We don't have any kids right, which is ok, now but we're trying and hoping for some soon. We have three cats who think they own us, of course. I spend a lot of my time volunteering all over post and especially with my husbands company mostly because I just want to help out and partially because it looks good on any resume.

I think that's pretty much me in a nutshell.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

vboren

4 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  7:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I am Vicki and I live in Florida. I am currently trying to decide whether or not to go back to work, after taking some time off last year. My husband and I have 5 children between us, 4 grandchildren and one on the way.

I was eating fairly healthy and exercising every day until about a week before Christmas, so I am now trying to get back on track.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

frankie49

1 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  12:10:45 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey! My name is Frankie. I live in Morristown, TN. This is close to KY, NC, SC, VA, GA. Anway, have lived here almost 5 years. I have 6 living children. Son age 35, single, lives in Billings, MT; dau, age 21, lives here with her 1 yr old son; the rest are at home: sons 19 and 17; daus 16 and 15. I am a school nurse. I cover three schools with about 2500 students. I am an RN and got my BSN last May. I am married and will turn 58 yo this year. I love to do Family History and have been doing it for about 25 yrs. I also enjoy cooking, sewing, camping, reading, singing, and just being with my kids.

Thanks!
Frankie

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

puffledust

1 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  11:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HI My name is Mary and I live in Michigan where it is really cold right now . Im 63 widowed and need to lose some weight (lots of it) I did WW at home on my own and lost 80 lbs. a couple years ago. I have since regained some of it . I want to lose but find it isnt easy when your alone.Im what I call a grazer. Im hoping I can find support here. I have a dog and a cat and they love me fat or thin lol I enjoy crafting. I had a daycare for 13 yrs but retired this year. would love to chat with some of you :)

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Suzy

88 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  1:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mary,

I'm Suzy and going to be 59 years young in July. I too have gained weight over the last 20 years or so and always seem to step on the scale at around 171-176 lb. I did lose down to 166 lb. but gained it back over the holidays as working in a cancer center there were always all kinds of sweets brought in by the patients. I have the biggest sweet tooth you ever saw. I do try to walk 11,000 steps a day and climb the stairs when I am at work. Have kitty named Pierre and a hubby. No children but oodles of nieces and nephews and great nieces and nephews. I am the oldest of 13 children.

Join us at the Fitness category where we tell of our grats and goals when we log on for daily and not so daily contact.

Suzy

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

rhondarae

7 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  8:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi im rhonda and i live in northern ky. nice to meet all.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

ddfort

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  3:25:06 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
text

Hi Ya'll I'm a NEWBIE.--guess you know I am southern.My name is Susan and I live in South Carolina. I have three grown sons and two adorable grandchildren. I am pretty much homebound as right now I am not driving . It gets old asking anyone to take places when I was always the one is used to doing for others.I am a nurse but have not practiced in years due to multiple health problems. I have a black Lab to keep company when my husband is not around and EVEN WHEN HE IS.
The dog is jealous of my husband hugging me. LOL
I scrolled through this forum before I posted. Anna, I believe has fibo? I know all about it. "taint' too much fun.

All of you sound like a great bunch. looking forward to ya'll helping me through the ropes so-to-speak.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

judi@in-homefitness.com

8 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  4:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello All,

Judi checking in from sunny San Diego where it is 75 degrees today. I have lost 17.5 pounds since 12.27.06 on my journey and won $1000 in the process for doing it.

Cheers, Judi
http://www.in-homefitness.com

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

packerprincess

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  2:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Hi, My name is Sue, I'm 50 and from Wisconsin. I've been working on my weight loss for the past two years. Have dropped 40lbs. and need to drop another 20. I've had some luck with Weight Watchers, Curves Diet and South Beach Diet. Problem is I get bored with them or hit a plateau and find them time consuming. I work out at Curves five days a week. I plan on checking out your fitness thread to see what others are doing.
Trying to figure this site out. Any tips on using it would be appreciated!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

katrina900

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  10:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone! I'm Katrina, everyone calls me Kat. I live in London, UK. I'm 18. I'm going to be moving to the USA for college. I will be attending Princeton. I am a waitress right now, but it's only temporary.

My mother, Julia, has very high metabolism, so she always been pretty skinny. She can't really help me out with this type of thing, so I figured I would talk to some people who no how it is.

I want to lose 25lb. I've already lost about 7.

Kat

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

brig91

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  10:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, my login name is brig91. I am new to this site (since Mid Feb) and I am now just starting to explore the entire site completely.

I am a mother of 3, 2 boys and a girl (7,5,& 2). I am also a stay at home mom. My husband and I own 2 business that allow us to work from home, so in between the house and kids, I also help him out. We have been married for 10 years (closing in on #11) and I am 33 soon to be 34. I have a lot of weight to lose and have been struggling with it since I first went to college in 1991. I am seeing thing very differently this year for some reason and I want to get back to the person I looked like all of the inactivity stopped.

As a family we are fast food junkies so for Lent as a family we are giving up fast food. I am hoping that alone will be enough to kick start a good habit for us. I look foward to meeting some of you and I am hoping to possibly find some support as well.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

DONNA HERRON

5 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  11:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HELLO EVERYONE,
MY NAME IS DONNA AND I'M FROM PITTSBURGH, PA. I'M MARRIED AND HAVE 2 DAUGHTERS, MARY 16 AND STEPHANIE 11. I'M 50 YRS YOUNG AND FEEL LIKE EVERYTHING IS A STRUGGLE WITH GETTING BACK INTO SHAPE. I HAVE ARTHRITIS IN BOTH KNEES WHICH LIMITS MY ACTIVITY WHICH IN TURN HAS PUT ON 10LBS SINCE NOVEMBER. MY CHILDREN ARE VERY ACTIVE WITH THEIR SPORTS SO I'M CONSTANTLY RUNNING FROM PLACE TO PLACE. I WORK FULL TIME SO IT LEAVES VERY LITTLE TIME FOR ME. ANY SUGGESTIONS TO HELP ME GET BACK INTO SHAPE, MY WEIGHT RIGHT NOW IS 167LBS AND I WOULD LIKE TO LOSE 30. HOPE TO TALK TO YOU ALL AGAIN.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Suzy

88 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  11:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Donna,
I'm Sue from Rochester, NY. I'm 58 and weigh 172 lb. I am always trying to lose 20 lb. it seems and haven't made it yet. Because I have such a sweet tooth and just love sugary things, I have maintained that weight with a lot of stair climbing and walking. I need to do better though as the blood pressure is creeping up and total cholesterol is creeping up too. We had a "heart health fair" at the hospital where I work and by screening total cholesterol was 203, having been 178 last year. I had arthritis in my knees too until I started exercising more with walking and climbing stairs. I used to not be able to go down the stairs in the morning easily because they hurt. I just read an article recently that said exercising doesn't help arthritis of the knees. Well, I beg to differ with that assumption. It did help. So I try to exercise 10 minutes in the morning before going to work. My 20 minute mid morning break consists of climbing 7 flights of stairs up and down twice with a little walking to get in 20 minutes. You need at least 10-20 min. of any aerobic exercise for it to count heart-wise. I have lunch with a coworker for about 30-35 minutes. We spend the first 15 minutes eating and the second 15-20 min. walking. This has helped me from stopping gaining more weight and keeping my weight stable, but like I said I have to lose. So squeezing in 10 minutes here and there during the day really does help. Keep on treking.

Sue

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

DONNA HERRON

5 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  1:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
HI SUE,
YOU ARE A GOD SENT BECAUSE I HAD HEARD THE SAME THING ABOUT WALKING AND NOT TAKING THE STAIRS AS OFTEN. I WILL DEFINATLEY START OFF JUST LIKE YOU WITH 10 TO 20 MINUTES A DAY. MAYBE WE CAN WORK TOGETHER ON LOSING OUR WEIGHT? I'LL KEEP IN TOUCH.
DONNA

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Suzy

88 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  1:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Donna

That would be great.

Sue

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Miss_Hattie

1 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  5:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello everyone! I used to post here regularly when the site was new (under the name Dianne16890) but after a year or so I kinda faded away. Gee, that was ages ago. Well, I thought I'd check in and see what's new and different or if there were any familiar faces.

I'm 53 years old and live in northeastern Indiana. I'm also a registered nurse, a type 2 diabetic, have osteoarthritis, a LOT of weight to lose and I love to walk.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use