PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Low-Carb Lifestyle
 South Beach Way of Eating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Harleysrme

2 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  07:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
[:D]I have been on South Beach since August 23. So far I have lost 22 lbs. I have 6 more to my goal. I am only 5 ft. tall but my goal is 140. I know that may be a little high but I am 69 yrs. young and if I strive for 121, I will look like a prune. So, I will be comfortable in my skin at 140. If I go below that, it will be very slowly. I am healthy and happy and love this way of eating. It is a habit now to eliminate the "whites". I have a sweet potato now and then and I have 100% whole wheat bread. Whole wheat pasta occasionally but I don't like rice so I don't miss that. My doctor put me on South Beach. I love it.
Doris

Report To Moderator

gwamakawen

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  3:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My hubby and I went on South Beach last May. He's lost 45 and I've lost 35-38 (that last 3 pounds keeps showing up.)[:O] We've sort of fallen off the wagon since our relocation from VA to FLA, but this week we have made a committment to get back on and make it to our goal weights. I'd like to lose another 15-20. I think he wants to lose another 25. Getting back on the plan from PhaseI will do it for us. It's not a hard plan to follow, and even the first phase isn't too bad.

Good luck to you in your quest!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  3:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My mom said she has been doing the South Beach diet also. I have not read the book (yet [;)] )

I think most of us here from the old board will say that getting rid of "the whites" in your diet is a great start! For one thing it makes you *think* about what you are eating (or not eating) and it challenges you to explore healthier choices.

Congrats you guys! You have been doing SUPER!

2x4 was here

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Theresa130225

739 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  10:49:13 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What a slow poke i am. I just heard about it this past weekend wile visiting with my brothe in-law and then again at Curves yesterday. Two of the woman I see there were taking about it so I went to Southbeach.com and looked it up. Iam going to make the spnich quich tonight to go with my fish. I think the quich is supost to be a meal it's self....Iam going to look at it more today[:<>]

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

DixieBelle

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  10:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm not trying to cut carbs completely as I never really ate a lot of them to begin with. But I do like a lot of the South Beach recipes and snack bars!

Rom. 8:28

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use