PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Recipe Exchange
 My Mother's Simple Fruit Salad
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ellen

4 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  3:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
This easy and delicious recipe is for 4 servings and is so healthy,too.
In a medium sized bowl add the following:
Peel and section 2 navel oranges
Peel and section 1 grapefruit
6 strawberries cut into small pieces
1 banana, sliced
1 kiwi, sliced
1/2 of pineapple, cut into small pieces
1 handful of dried cranberries

Mix well so that flavors and fruit juices blend. If desired,sweeten lightly according to taste.
For special touch. Add a drop or so of liquor like Cointreau.(optional)

Marinate overnight and Enjoy!!!

Report To Moderator

carolc

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  09:05:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is there a substitute for grapefruit? My husband cannot eat grapefruit.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

kfinkle

2 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  09:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, WOW!! This recipe is so good!! It tastes so light and refreshing!! I brought it to a family reunion and everyone was asking who made it. It was even a bigger hit than the apple and cherry pies that were sitting next to it.

Thank you so much for posting it. I now have a new family recipe.[^]

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2004 :  10:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by carolc

Is there a substitute for grapefruit?

This looks REALLY GOOD!

You can prolly just leave the grapefruit out or sub more orange for it... or even another seasonal fruit like peaches or pear, etc.

2x4 was here

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

ellen

4 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  12:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you want to omit the grapefruit --that is fine. A good subsitute might be a diced mango-- or another orange would be fine, too. The fun thing about this recipe is you can be creative and try out different fruits to mix in.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Regenleib

US
12 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  11:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you live near a really good produce market, try the new "cocktail" grapefruit - it seems to be a cross between grapefruit and orange - sweeter and really good.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  10:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Welcome to the FoodFit forum LUV

I look forward to your intelectual input and future posts! [8]

2x4 was here, but now she's gone. She left this post to carry on...

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Luv4shoes

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  12:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

This looks fabulous - picked up the ingredients and I am ready to go!

Thanks.

What if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

garth

2 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  10:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
test

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use