PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Low-Carb Lifestyle
 Eating for Your Blood Type?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Strategizer

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  04:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Someone recently suggested this approach and mentioned that there is material, possibly a book, on the subject (eating for your blood type). Any thoughts on this in regards to how Atkins might fit in to this?

I think there may be something to it simply because of how the diet works or doesn't work for so many people. For me, my body acts like it was meant for Atkins. Not only do I lose weight, but my cholesterol readings, liver readings, and other lab data all falls into place on Atkins. Even doing those crummy "low fat" diets never had good effects on my lab work and I even had to go on cholesterol meds while doing them.

However, when you here the stories of people who have had serious issues, some very serious, related to low carb dieting, it just seems that body types, genetics, and maybe even blood types could play a role in whether this diet will be your cure-all or your demise. I anxiously await debate on this.

Report To Moderator

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2005 :  09:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Darinwerner! WELCOME!!

I think I actually have that book you are referring to. My Chiropractor referred it to me and I think it is called "Eating for your Blood Type" or some thing... hold on... checking on that....

OK. Seems like there are a few books on the matter. Here's one by Peter J. D'Adamo & Catherine Whitney: "Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution to Staying Healthy, Living Longer & Acheiving Your Ideal Weight"

I did read most of the book my chiropractor recommended and a lot of the things they talked about seemed to make sense. Some blood types did require more proteins/less carbs than others. I think it is worth the read.

Basically, what I have learned over time is that there is no real "diet" that will fix everyone's weight. Learning to balance your eating to your lifestyle, health and metabolism is an on going process. One of the hardest things to do is to LISTEN to your body and be aware of what certain foods are doing. This is tough because we can get caught up in life and grab crappy foods, then we CRAVE crappy foods and it just goes into a vicious circle....

I know Comet is a perfect example. When she chooses to keep certain foods in her diet while limiting certain foods it helps her manage her health. I think this is true for most of us. We are taught that we NEED certain foods for whatever reasons the dairy, meat, advertising, fast food associations have declared and we buy into it. It's kinda hard to break out of that mentality and choose the foods that make us feel better physically.

BTW, there are NO BAD FOODS but there are better choices. I do not believe that anyone should completely eliminate any one thing just because they believe it is a bad food. If you happen to consume some foods that are not the best choice, it's ok.... you can move on and make better choices the next time.

I think I have rambled on enough.... I know I have brought nothing conclusive to the table.... but this is a good subject!!

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

AnnAfromLouisiana

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  10:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Send AnnAfromLouisiana an AOL message  Send AnnAfromLouisiana a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is all very helpful to me,I am reading alot of things I havent known before.
Thanks for sharing this.
Fattyfatty2x4 I am wondering how you lost your weight,how do i get this will power that you had to lose you weight?
please tell me your secret.
I am an emotional eater and i do this at night.
Since I cut back on my workouts about 1yr. ago,I gained 20lbs. after Katrina came to town and shoved me out of my home,I gained 30lbs.Grrrrrrrrrr
No more excuses,I am living pretty decent now,and feel very blessed to get back on our feet.
HELPpppppppppppppppp

Edited by - AnnAfromLouisiana on 02/02/2006 10:37:51 AM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

aannee

1 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  02:51:07 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hello everybody,
I have been very successful in losing my weight within one month of time period.It was amazing.
Initially i worked hard to reduce my weight but of no use after i took suggestion from doctor about lose weight according to the blood type i have visited a site which helped me alot.
I suggest you to go for that and reduce your weight easily.http://www.losingweighteasily.com[url][/url]

good luck.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

mary777

1 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  03:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

hi,

I found a great information in your site and started new challenge to fitness.
And found a similar site which is related to the same category contains tips to [url="http://www.losingweighteasily.com"]weight loss...[/url]

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Strategizer

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  5:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, all I know is I've been trying some failing diets here lately. One was my "Banana Pudding" diet. That was a failure, alhtough somewhat pleasurable. Then came my "Coke Float with BlueBell Ice Cream" diet. That was a tastebud delight, but a weight loss failure. Geez.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use