PROFILE | ACTIVE TOPICS | SEARCH | FAQ
 All Forums
 FoodFit Community
 Calories Count
 Restaurant Portions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topictopic nav Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  11:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
We have talked about this before, but with the Holidays coming up I know I tend to eat out more. I wanted to bring this subject up so we can knock around some of the things concerning restaurant portions.

The other day I heard a commercial that I had heard before, but I really HEARD IT this time!! I think it was Ruby Tuesday or someplace like that.... they advertised a special hamburger that was ONE POUND OF GROUND BEEF!!!

ONE POUND?!?!?! in just ONE MEAL!?!?! PLUS FRIES and a Soda?

Perhaps there was a time in my life when I could have eaten a full pound of beef and french fries, plus the coleslaw.... but.... wow. Not these days!

2x4 ~ CW:150+ ~ GW for now: below 140 ~ I think I can! I think I can!

Report To Moderator

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  12:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by fattyfatty2x4

.... they advertised a special hamburger that was ONE POUND OF GROUND BEEF!!!
It was Ruby Tuesday's Ultimate COLOSSAL BURGER® http://www.rubytuesday.com/menu/famousBurgers.asp

They do not list nutrition info on their site:

"RUBY TUESDAY’S FAMOUS BURGERS ARE GARNISHED WITH LETTUCE, TOMATO, PICKLES AND MAYONNAISE (BEEF, BISON AND TURKEY BURGERS ALSO HAVE MUSTARD AND ONIONS). ALL BEEF BURGERS ARE SERVED ON A CLASSIC HAMBURGER BUN, ALL OTHER BURGERS ARE SERVED ON A WHEAT BUN. ALL SERVED WITH RUBY’S MILLION DOLLAR FRIES."

all calories below are estimates from www.FitDay.com -
16 oz cooked ground beef = 1500 calories
1 Lg Lettuce Leaf: 2 calories
2 Med Tomato Slices: 8 calories
3 Tablespoon Pickles: 2 calories
2 Onion Slices: 11 calories
1.5 Tablespoon Mayonaise: 150 calories
1 Tablespoon Mustard: 13 calories
1 Hamburger Bun: 125 calories
1 cup Fries: 150 calories
3 Tablespoons Catsup: 47 calories
32 oz cola type soft drink: 403 calories

total 2411 calories

Edited by - fattyfatty2x4 on 11/14/2005 12:04:13 PM

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  1:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's so weird that you posted this today. I went out to lunch today and before deciding where I was going, I printed out their nutritional information. (I have a $25 gift card for Ruby Tuesday given to me for my birthday.) I ended up going elsewhere.

Not that I would EVER eat it, but their ultimate colossal burger has 1,786 calories by itself - not including fries. Holy crap!

The salads are not too "lite" by my standards either. My favorite - the Carolina chicken salad - has 847 calories - not including dressing! Add my honey mustard and you've got 92 calories for each 1 ounce of dressing. I'm sure more than one is used since the salad is so large.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  2:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holly

I went out to lunch today and before deciding where I was going, I printed out their nutritional information.
ok - THAT is just TOO WEIRD! LOL

Holly, where did you find the nutritional info? I looked all over the website.

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
1192 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  3:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Click on the link you provided. Go to the top and click the menu link. Then it is toward the bottom of that page, centered.

Or here it is:

http://www.rubytuesday.com/files/nutrition.pdf

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

fattyfatty2x4

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  4:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
FOUND IT!

They really hide that info, don't they?

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

DixieBelle

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  2:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm glad that even though this is an old thread, it's still here. I think we all need to be reminded from time to time about how restaurants DON'T give us one serving, they give us TWO or THREE servings.

Rom. 8:28

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

DixieBelle

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  3:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I almost forgot to mention...there is a website that contains information on the nutritional information for major restaurant chains. It can be found at http://www.dwlz.com

Rom. 8:28

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page

cmakela

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  8:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This might be helpful to those of us who occasionally need to eat fast food. It's a grid comparing the calorie count of menu items found at popular fast food restaurants -- it's nice to have it all in one place.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food.php

www.thediydiet.com

Report To Moderator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FoodFit.com Community © 2000-06 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

FoodFit is a part of HealthCentral
© 1999- The HealthCentral Network, Inc., Copyright All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use