1. In a large pot, cover the fingerlings with cold water. Bring to a simmer over high heat and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain in a colander.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, puree half of the roasted garlic with the apple juice, basil and parsley in a blender until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil slowly until incorporated. Reserve.
3. Transfer half of the potatoes into a mixing bowl. Mash the potatoes with the remaining garlic using a stationary or hand mixer until smooth. Add the yogurt, whipping to smooth as necessary.
4. Add the remaining potatoes and mash into rustic, large pieces. Season generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle in a little of the basil oil.
5. Transfer to a warm serving dish. Drizzle a few tablespoons of the basil scented olive oil over the surface of the puree. Serve immediately while piping hot.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 12