Menu for Day 3
(click on any link to see the recipe - remember, recipe yields are adjustable)
Corn and Crab Chowder
8-ounces 1% milk
whole wheat roll
Nutritional Information (per serving of the meal):
Saturated Fat: 5g
% Calories from Fat: 17%
% Calories from Saturated Fat: 8%
PREP NOTES: These tips help you get dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
- Save time and substitute canned corn for the fresh.
- Begin cooking the bacon for the soup.
- Clean and prepare the vegetables for the soup.
- Add the vegetables and cook.
- Add the broth and remaining ingredients to the soup.
- While the soup is simmering, slice the bread. Serve with bread with the soup and enjoy the apples for dessert.
- Enjoy a couple of ginger snaps with frozen yogurt for dessert.