Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
Todd English's Grilled Chicken Marinated in Yogurt and Herbs in a Tomato Chutney
zest of 1/2 lemon, grated
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1 tablespoon chopped, fresh mint
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
1/2 cup diced white onion
2 large tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup dried currants
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup tomato juice
1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
1. Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl.
2. Add the chicken to the mixture and coat evenly.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
For the chutney:
1. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and tomatoes and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the currants, vinegar and juices and cook until reduced by one-third, about 12 to 15 minutes.
3. Add the jalapeņo pepper and cook 5 minutes.
4. Add the salt and set aside.
To cook the chicken:
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. (This protects against cross-contamination.) Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
3. Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
Putting it together: Garnish the chicken with the mint, cilantro and scallions. Serve with rice and chutney on the side.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with about 1/2 cup of chutney
Number of Servings: 2
- 49 g
- 6 g
- 5 g
- 29 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 206 mg