Ratings & Reviews
2 quarts water
1/2 cup unsulphured molasses
1/2 cup sugar
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
1 cinnamon stick
1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
2 whole cloves
1 3-pound pork loin, trimmed, boned, tied*
salt and fresh pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons butter
4 Granny Smith apples, halved, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1. In a large saucepan, combine the water with 1/4 cup of the molasses, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, cinnamon stick, coriander and cloves to make the marinade. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour into a shallow roasting pan and cool completely.
2. Add the pork to the marinade and marinate at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
4. Remove the pork from the marinade. Season well with salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a roasting pan, add 2 cups of the marinade and roast for about 50 minutes, basting regularly. Discard the remaining marinade. The internal temperature should be 150°F. Note: Allow the pork loin to rest for 10 minutes and check that the temperature has come up to 160°F. (The pork loin will continue to cook after removing it from the oven). For more information visit our Cook It Safe Calculator .
5. Transfer the pork to a platter and cover with foil.
6. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the apples. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the apples to a bowl. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of the molasses to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until syrupy, about 3 minutes. Pour the glaze over the apples and toss gently.
7. Slice the pork and arrrange on a serving platter. Add the juices from the roasting pan back to the skillet and boil for 1 minute. Pour the juices over the pork and arrange the apples around the edge.
Serving Size: 2 slices pork loin with apples
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||12 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||36 g||Saturated Fat||5 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.