Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in sodium
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
3/4 cup finely grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup crushed and drained pineapple
nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the butter and the eggs from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature.
2. Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is pale yellow and very fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed.
4. Stir in the cinnamon, orange zest, carrots and walnuts.
5. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
6. Stir in half the flour mixture. Stir in the pineapple. Stir in the rest of the flour mixture. The batter should be smooth, but do not overmix.
7. Coat a loaf pan (or 9" round cake pan) with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the pan.
8. Bake until golden brown and set in the center, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Serving Size: 1/12th of the cake
Number of Servings: 12
|Fat||18 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||6 g||Saturated Fat||8 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.