Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 pounds veal sausages, cut into one-inch slices
6 stalks celery, diced into large pieces
2 cups water
12 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 pound plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup tomato puree
1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped dill
salt and pepper, to taste
2 pounds yolk-free egg noodles
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage slices and cook until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer the browned sausage to a large saucepan.
2. Add the celery to the skillet and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the celery to the sausage.
3. Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan and add the garlic cloves. Simmer for 5 minutes and drain. Rinse the garlic under cold water. Slip the peels off the garlic and add them to the sausage mixture.
4. Add the tomatoes, broth, tomato puree, 1/2 cup of the parsley and dill to the sausage mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and stir, simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
5. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Divide the noodles between eight plates or bowls. Serve the ragout over the noodles with the chopped parsley as a garnish.
Serving Size: 1 cup ragout with noodles
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||23 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||44 g||Saturated Fat||6 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.