Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in dairy
lower in carbs
6 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh chives, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh, chopped, flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon fresh, chopped mint
2 teaspoons fresh, chopped oregano
1 teaspoon fresh, chopped thyme
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 pound spinach, washed and ends trimmed
6 slices rustic, country-style bread
1. In a bowl, mash together the goat cheese, lemon zest, chives, parsley, mint, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Reserve.
2. In a large frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and with tongs, toss the spinach until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Toast the bread either on an outdoor grill, under the broiler or toaster. Cut the bread into two pieces on the diagonal.
4. Spread the toasted bread with herbed goat cheese, spreading evenly. Top the goat cheese with wilted spinach, distributing evenly.
5. To serve, place the grilled bread on a platter and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 crostini with topping
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||12 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||10 g||Saturated Fat||6 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.