Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
10 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 cups dry red wine
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (fresh or canned)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3/4 cup cured black olives, pitted and left whole
3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
whole leaves of fresh, flat-leaf parsley
1. Place the garlic cloves in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. As soon as the water comes to a boil, drain and discard the water. Repeat.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large heavy casserole over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer with space between each piece, season with salt and pepper and cook until lightly golden on each side, 10 minutes total.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and pour off the excess fat. Increase the heat to high, add the wine to the pan and reduce by approximately half, about 10 minutes. Add the drumsticks and thighs to the pan along with the garlic, chicken stock, tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Add the breasts and continue to cook covered until the juices from the chicken are clear when pierced with a knife, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan with tongs and set aside, covered with foil to keep warm. Adjust the heat to high, add the olives and capers and simmer until the liquid reduces by half and thickens, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. To serve, heat the sauce over medium-high heat until it is simmering. Add the chicken and heat thoroughly, 2 to 3 minutes. Place the chicken on a platter and drizzle the sauce over the top. Garnish with parsley.
Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh with sauce
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||18 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||61 g||Saturated Fat||4 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.