Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
8 small Yukon Gold potatoes, or red skinned potatoes
6 teaspoons olive oil
4 top sirloin steaks, about 4 ounces each
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
8 black olives, pitted and halved
1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
8 or so slivers of Parmesan cheese
1. Cut the potatoes in half, place them on a microwave safe dish and microwave until the potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the potatoes, cut side down, and season liberally with salt and pepper. When the potaoes are well browned, remove from heat and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat 3 teaspoons of olive oil over high heat in a skillet large enough to accomodate all of the steaks in a single layer. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and sear them in the hot skillet on both sides to the desired doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a plate and keep warm while you make the tomato mixture.
4. Turn the heat down to medium and add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and onion. Cook the onion until it softens and begins to color. Add the wine or vinegar and cook until the liquid has almost completely evaporated. Add the olives and tomatoes with their juices and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Serve the steaks topped with a few shavings of Parmesan and a large dollop of the tomato relish with the potatoes on the side.
Serving Size: 1 steak with relish and potatoes
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||19 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||39 g||Saturated Fat||6 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.