Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
12 cups Basic Chicken Stock (see recipe), or low-sodium canned
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic,minced
1 small zucchini,cut into 1/2" cubes
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
4 small radishes,finely sliced
2 tomatoes,seeded and sliced
1 small red onion,sliced
1 large cucumber,diced
1 medium carrot,peeled and finely sliced
2 clove celery,finely sliced on the diagonal
1 red pepper,diced
1 small fennel bulb,finely sliced
20 fresh basil leaves, shredded
1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley
1/4 cup chervil leaves, (optional)
For the garnish:
1 cup shredded radicchio
1 cup shredded arugula
1. Bring the stock to a boil and simmer until it has reduced by half. Refrigerate until well chilled.
2. Blanch the broccoli and cauliflower florets in boiling salted water until slightly cooked but still crunchy, about 1 minute. Plunge the florets into ice water, strain, and refrigerate.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until transparent, not brown, about 1 minute.
4. Add the zucchini and cook until the skin turns bright green but is still firm, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and chill.
5. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper to the cold stock. Add all the vegetables and herbs and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
7. Divide the soup among 16 bowls. Top with the radicchio and arugula. Serve.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 16
|Fat||2 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.