Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Bob Kinkead's Summer "Salad" Soup
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup cauliflower florets
1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2" cubes
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 small radishes, finely sliced
1 1/2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and sliced
1/2 small red onion, sliced
1 1/2 scallions, chopped
1/2 large cucumber, diced
1/2 medium carrot, peeled and finely sliced
1 stalk celery, finely sliced on the diagonal
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
10 fresh basil leaves, shredded
1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons chervil leaves (optional)
1/2 cup shredded arugula
2. Blanch the broccoli and cauliflower florets in boiling salted water until slightly cooked but still crunchy, about 1 minute. Plunge the florets into ice water, strain, and refrigerate.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until transparent, not brown, about 1 minute.
4. Add the zucchini and cook until the skin turns bright green but is still firm, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and chill.
5. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper to the cold stock. Add all the vegetables and herbs and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
7. Divide the soup among 8 bowls. Top with the radicchio and arugula. Serve.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 8
- 8 g
- 2 g
- 2 g
- 2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0 g
- 539 mg