Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Turkey and Corn Tortillas with Chipotle Salsa
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
4 dried chipotle peppers, stemmed and seeded
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup chopped, fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
a pinch of sugar
1 1/2 cups cooked turkey
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken or turkey broth or water
1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, red beans or refried beans
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
3/4 cup non-fat sour cream
1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, adjust the heat so that the mixture simmers and cook until 1/2 of the liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool.
2. Pour the mixture into a blender and puree. Chill.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
For the tortillas:
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. Place the turkey in a shallow baking dish, sprinkle with the broth, cover with foil and place it in the oven to heat.
5. Wrap the tortillas in foil and place them in the oven alongside the turkey.
6. Reheat the beans and rice separately in the microwave.
7. Everyone can create their own tortillas with rice, beans, turkey and salsa. Garnish the tortillas with extra salsa, sour cream and cilantro leaves if desired.
Serving Size: 2 tortillas
Number of Servings: 6
- 59 g
- 3 g
- 8 g
- 22 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0 g
- 337 mg