Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
Barbecued Pork Chops with Pecans, Sweet Potato, Sautéed Green Beans, Mushrooms and Onions
juice of 1 lime
1/3 cup milk
Cajun seasoning to taste
salt to taste
1/3 cup peeled pearl onions
splash peanut oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup quartered mushrooms
1/3 teaspoon barbecue sauce
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Place the sweet potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer about 20 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are done. Check for doneness by piercing with a fork; there should be no resistance. Drain well.
2. Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher or fork, or use a food mill.
3. Add the lime juice and stir well. Add the milk and stir.
4. Season with Cajun seasoning and salt to taste.
For the sautéed green beans, pearl onions and mushrooms:
1. Bring 1 gallon of salted water to a boil. Cook the green beans and pearl onions separately in the boiling water until just tender, about 4 minutes for the beans and 8 minutes for the onions.
2. Cut the onions in half.
3. Heat the oil over high heat. Add the onions, salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the green beans and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
For the pork chops:
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Rub the pork chops with Cajun seasoning and brush with barbeque sauce.
3. Grill or broil for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. Baste with extra barbeque sauce as needed.
4. Place the pecan pieces on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
Putting it together: Sprinkle each pork chop with pecans and serve with Sweet Potato Puree and Sautéed Green Beans, Mushrooms and Onions.
Serving Size: 1 pork chop, 1/2 cup each green beans & sweet potatoes
Number of Servings: 4
- 59 g
- 24 g
- 8 g
- 27 g
- Saturated Fat
- 5 g
- 794 mg