Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 11 visitors
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
powdered sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add this to the flour mixture along with the chocolate chips and stir until a stiff dough forms.
4. Scrape the dough onto a lightly sugared work surface and divide it into 4 pieces. Roll each piece with the palms of your hands into a log slightly shorter than the length of your cookie sheet.
5. Place two logs on each cookie sheet, several inches apart (the logs will double in width). Bake for 15 minutes, until the logs feel set or firm to the touch. Set the cookie sheets on racks and let cool. Reset the oven to 300°F.
6. When cool to the touch, place the logs on a cutting board. With a serrated knife, slice them into 1/2-inch diagonal slices.
7. Lay the biscotti out on the prepared cookie sheets in a single layer and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until they are dry and lightly toasted. Cool completely.
8. Store in an airtight tin or plastic container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size: 3 biscotti
Number of Servings: 72
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.