Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in carbs
2 shallots,thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
salt to taste
1 pound fresh beans any kind or a combination of green and yellow types
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh, coarsely chopped tarragon
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1. In a medium-size bowl, toss the shallots with the champagne or white wine vinegar to draw out their pink color.
2. Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drop in the beans and cook until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes for small young beans and up to 6 minutes for larger beans. Drain.
3. Immediately toss the hot beans with the olive oil, shallots, tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. The beans will soak up the flavors as they cool to room temperature.
4. Just before serving, add the sherry or red wine vinegar and toss in the cherry tomatoes.
5. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||7 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.