Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
2 tablespoons pickled ginger, finely chopped
1 cucumber,peeled, seeded and sliced
1 red onion, julienned
1 yellow bell pepper, stem removed, seeded and sliced
1 ounce enoki mushrooms, separated
1/4 cup pecans, toasted
1 ounce shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half
2 tablespoons sake
1 ounce low-sodium soy sauce
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon fresh, chopped dill
1/2 cup edamame (fresh soy beans)
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
black pepper, to taste
8 cups mixed greens (mizuna, mache, arugula, Japanese greens, baby oak and spinaches, radicchio), washed and torn
1. Toss the cucumber with the ginger in a large bowl and set aside. In a smaller bowl toss the julienned onion with the lime and set aside to marry. Cut the enokis in 1/2 inch lengths and set aside. Cut the bell pepper into thin 1-inch slices.
2. Toast the pecans in a dry skillet for approximately 2 minutes, tossing occasionally. Then set the pecans aside.
3. Add the oil to the same sauté pan and over a medium-high heat, sauté the shiitakes with a tablespoon of the sake and a splash of the soy sauce. Cook approximately 3 to 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.
4. Blanche the carrots in boiling water for 30 seconds, then place in a bowl with the remaining sake and the dill. Set aside to marry. Return the water to a boil and blanche the edamame for approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and set out on a sheet pan to cool. Shell the edamame and drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss the mixed greens in a large bowl with the cucumbers. Add the onions, carrots, enokis, and bell pepper. Place the salad in the center of 4 large, chilled plates and add the pecans, edamame and shiitakes in equal amounts. Serve.
Serving Size: 1 plate
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||7 g||Fiber||7 g|
|Protein||8 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.