Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 5 visitors
This recipe is...
Broiled Lamb Chops with Minted Cucumber Sauce
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 lamb chops, about 2 to 3 ounces each
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded
1/2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
2 teaspoons fresh, finely chopped mint
2. While the lamb is marinating, make the cucumber sauce. Puree the cucumber in a blender until chunky but not liquefied. Transfer the cucumber to a bowl and stir in the yogurt and mint.
3. Preheat the broiler or grill.
4. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
5. Place the chops on a broiler pan and broil 3 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and broil for an additional 3 minutes for medium rare, or 5 minutes for medium.
6. Serve 2 lamb chops per person topped with minted cucumber sauce. The lamb goes well with couscous and a side of carrots. If you're serving this for Valentine's Day, your sweetie's favorite dessert, whether it's chocolate or poached pears, should be on the menu.
Serving Size: 2 lamb chops with minted cucumber sauce
Number of Servings: 2
- 7 g
- 10 g
- 1 g
- 27 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 253 mg