Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 5 visitors
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 lamb chops, about 2 to 3 ounces each
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded
1/2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
2 teaspoons fresh, finely chopped mint
1. Mix the lemon juice, chopped garlic, oregano and olive oil together. Brush the lamb chops with this mixture and marinate for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. While the lamb is marinating, make the cucumber sauce. Puree the cucumber in a blender until chunky but not liquefied. Transfer the cucumber to a bowl and stir in the yogurt and mint.
3. Preheat the broiler or grill.
4. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
5. Place the chops on a broiler pan and broil 3 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and broil for an additional 3 minutes for medium rare, or 5 minutes for medium.
6. Serve 2 lamb chops per person topped with minted cucumber sauce. The lamb goes well with couscous and a side of carrots. If you're serving this for Valentine's Day, your sweetie's favorite dessert, whether it's chocolate or poached pears, should be on the menu.
Serving Size: 2 lamb chops with minted cucumber sauce
Number of Servings: 2
|Fat||10 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||27 g||Saturated Fat||4 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.