Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Anne Rosenzweig's Burritos
1/4 hot, fresh chili pepper,seeded and minced
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or lime juice
salt to taste
1/4 cup cooked black beans,red beans or refried beans
1 large egg
1 large egg white
freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon canola oil
1. Mix all the ingredients together and chill. This can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight.
For the burritos:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and warm in the oven.
2. Heat the beans in a small pan or in the microwave until very warm.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl. Add the egg whites, salt and pepper, and mix well with a fork.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the eggs into the pan and scramble until the eggs are just cooked, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
5. To put it together: Place a spoonful of beans in the center of each tortilla. Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas, spooning them over the beans. Spoon a teaspoon of relish on top of the eggs. Roll up the tortillas and place 2 burritos, seam side down, on each plate. Top with more relish and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 2 burritos
Number of Servings: 1
- 35 g
- 7 g
- 6 g
- 14 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0 g
- 585 mg