Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in carbs
1/4 cup achiote paste
10 cloves garlic,peeled
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
6 bone-in chicken breasts
6 banana leaves (optional), cut into 10-inch squares and toasted over a burner about 2 seconds per side
12 slices tomato
6 slices onion
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 medium onions, diced
2 cups chicken stock
1. Combine the achiote paste, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, orange and lime juices, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender. Puree until smooth. Pour into a nonreactive baking pan, add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 2 to 24 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. Cut six 16 x 14-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. If using banana leaves, place 1 on top of each piece of foil. Center a piece of chicken on each, reserving the marinade. Top each with 2 tomato slices and 1 slice of onion. Wrap and seal the banana leaf and the foil to enclose. Place on a baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions until golden brown. Stir in the reserved marinade, bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and cook 10 minutes longer. Reserve.
5. When the chicken is ready, remove from the oven and open the packets. Transfer the chicken, with the banana leaves if using, to serving plates. Pour any excess juices from the pan into the sauce. Pour the hot sauce over the chicken and serve with rice.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with sauce
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||6 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||28 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.