Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
nonstick cooking spray
1/3 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup golden raisins
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 10-inch by 10-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Toss the dates and apricots with 1 tablespoon of flour. Add the raisins and nuts and set aside.
3. Place the eggs in a mixing bowl and whip them with an electric mixer until frothy. Gradually add the brown sugar and continue whipping until the mixture is thick, about 5 minutes.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and fold it into the egg mixture. Fold in the fruit and nut mixture.
5. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden brown and springy to the touch, about 20 minutes.
6. Let cool completely. Cut into bars and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Serving Size: 1 bar
Number of Servings: 15
|Fat||7 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.