Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups nonfat milk, hot, but not boiling
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
3/4 pound macaroni noodles
1/4 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF and spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
3. In a 2-quart saucepan, whisk the olive oil and flour together over medium heat. Cook until the mixture gives off a "nutty" aroma, about 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the hot milk and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Add the macaroni to the boiling water and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 7 or 8 minutes. Drain the pasta.
5. Pour the macaroni into the prepared casserole dish. Immediately pour the milk mixture over it and stir to combine. Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese over the top and then sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||10 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||17 g||Saturated Fat||4 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.