Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in carbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup white wine
1 large yellow onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
2 cups chopped canned Italian tomatoes with their juice
12 ounces hot, cooked linguini
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. While the oil heats, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and brown on all sides. As the chicken pieces finish browning, transfer them to a plate and set aside.
2. Add the wine, letting it boil rapidly for a minute and then stir with a wooden spoon to remove any browned bits that may be stuck to the pan.
3. Turn the heat to medium and add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to wilt, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Return the chicken to the skillet along with the green and red peppers, carrot, celery and canned tomatoes with juice. Adjust the heat so that the mixture simmers slowly and place a lid, slightly ajar, over the skillet. Cook until the chicken is completely tender, about 25 minutes. Taste the cooking liquid and adjust the salt and pepper.
5. Serve the chicken fricassee in warm bowls over the hot pasta.
Serving Size: 1 bowl with chicken, peppers and tomatoes
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||13 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||35 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.