Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Grilled Tuna with Pink Grapefruit and Avocado Relish
1 ripe avocado, pitted peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
zest and juice of 1 lime
kosher salt to taste
coarsely ground black pepper to taste
a drizzle of olive oil
1. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the relish.
(This may be made 1 day in advance and stored in the refrigerator.)
For the tuna:
1. Preheat the grill or broiler to high.
2. Lightly brush the tuna steaks with a drizzle of olive oil and season them liberally with kosher salt and coarse black pepper.
3. Place the tuna steaks on the grill or broiler and cook on each side until the tuna is cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the steaks.
4. Serve the tuna steaks with a dollop of grapefruit and avocado relish.
Serving Size: 1 tuna steak with relish
Number of Servings: 6
- 12 g
- 7 g
- 3 g
- 35 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 135 mg