Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
Grilled Chicken, Beet and Cucumber Salad with Feta and Yogurt Dressing
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
juice and zest of 1 lemon
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
4 small red Bliss potatoes, boiled and cut into wedges
1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
8 cups mixed baby greens
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Whisk the mustard and lemon juice together. Continue whisking and add the olive oil and yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the chicken:
1. Combine the yogurt, garlic, shallot, honey, cilantro, lemon juice and zest in a bowl. Add the chicken and coat it evenly with the marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Preheat the grill.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. (This protects against cross-contamination.) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook until the juices run clear, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
For the salad:
1. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, slice it into strips and place it in a mixing bowl. Add the beets, potatoes, cucumber and half of the dressing and toss to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, toss the greens with the remaining dressing.
3. To serve, arrange the greens on individual plates, place the chicken mixture on top and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with 2 cups of salad and 2 Tb of dressing
Number of Servings: 4
- 44 g
- 11 g
- 6 g
- 40 g
- Saturated Fat
- 5 g
- 785 mg