Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
Rhubarb Soup with Almond Bisquit and Mango Sorbet
1 cup white wine
1 cup sugar
1 star anise (1 whole piece)
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon grenadine
4 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
2 cups almond flour, or all-purpose flour
Premium mango sorbet or vanilla ice cream
diced mangoes for garnish
(prepare one day ahead)
1. Combine all ingredients except for the peeled and diced rhubarb in a medium saucepan (reserve the rhubarb in a large bowl).
2. Simmer on low for 45 minutes.
3. Pass the soup through a strainer (straining out the star anise and cinnamon) onto the peeled and diced rhubarb reserved in a bowl.
4. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
For the bisquit:
5. Beat the egg whites and sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
6. Fold in the egg yolks, followed by the flour.
7. Place in buttered and floured 9-inch cake pan.
8. Bake at 350° F for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out dry.
9. Let cool and invert cake onto a cutting board (it should be light and fluffy).
10. Cut out 6 circles large enough to hold a small scoop of sorbet. (You will have about half of the cake left over, so save and enjoy later.)
For the presentation:
11. Pour rhubarb syrup into 6 shallow soup bowls.
12. Place bisquit in center of each bowl.
13. Place scoop of sorbet or ice cream on top.
14. Garnish with diced mango.
Serving Size: about 3/4 cup
Number of Servings: 6
- 95 g
- 2 g
- 3 g
- 5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0 g
- 415 mg