Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 10 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
1 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
30 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 pound fettuccine
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
zest of 2 lemons, finely grated
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, drop in the asparagus and cook until al dente. Remove the asparagus with a colander or slotted spoon and plunge it into a bowl of ice water.
2. Bring the water back to a boil, drop in the fettuccine and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the asparagus and cook until the shrimp are cooked through and the asparagus is warmed, about 2 minutes more.
4. Return the pasta to the pot and toss it with 1/2 of the Parmesan, 1/2 of the parsley, lemon zest, remaining olive oil and reserved cooking liquid. Season with salt and a generous sprinkling of coarsely ground fresh pepper.
5. Divide the pasta among 6 warm bowls. Arrange the shrimp and asparagus on top and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immmediately.
Serving Size: 5 shrimp with pasta
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||9 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||17 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.