Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
Gingered Tuna with Orange-Fennel Slaw
2 tablespoons diced red onion
1/2 orange, peeled and cut into segments
1 tablespoon kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
drizzle of sesame oil
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 tuna steak, 4 to 6 ounces
freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine the fennel, red onion, orange segments and olives in a mixing bowl and toss with the rice vinegar and sesame oil to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.)
For the tuna:
1. Combine the soy sauce, ginger, lime juice and sugar in a small bowl. Brush this mixture on the tuna steaks and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
3. Season the marinated tuna steak with pepper and grill them to the desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium, depending on the thickness of the steak.
4. Serve the tuna steak on a large spoonful of fennel slaw.
Serving Size: 1 tuna steak with fennel slaw
Number of Servings: 1
- 23 g
- 6 g
- 7 g
- 34 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 795 mg