Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Dried Cherry and Walnut Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup golden raisins
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2. Toss the dried cherries with 1 tablespoon of flour. Add the raisins and walnuts and set aside.
3. Place the eggs in a mixing bowl and whip them with an electric mixer until frothy. Gradually add the brown sugar and continue whipping until the mixture is thick, about 5 minutes.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and fold it into the egg mixture. Fold in the fruit and nut mixture.
5. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden brown and springy to the touch, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
6. Melt the chocolate in the microwave on low power so that it does not burn for about 30 seconds. Stir until the chocolate is pourable.
6. Cut the cherry and walnut mixture into bars, drizzle each one with chocolate and refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Serving Size: 1 bar
Number of Servings: 15
- 43 g
- 8 g
- 1 g
- 4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 75 mg