This recipe is...
Salmon Burgers with Dill Mustard
2/3 cup fresh dill sprigs
2/3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2/3 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2/3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped, fresh dill
2 tablespoons chopped shallots
1 teaspoon chopped capers
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
nonstick cooking spray
4 hamburger buns
1 large tomato, sliced
1. Place the sugar and dill in a small food processor fitted with the blade attachment and process for 1 minute.
2. Add the mustard, lemon juice and vinegar and process until smooth.
3. With the processor running, add the olive oil slowly through the feed tube.
(This makes about 1/2 cup. Extra sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and served with fish and shellfish.)
For the salmon burgers:
1. Cut the salmon into 1-inch pieces. Place the salmon in the food processor, fitted with the blade attachment. Coarsely grind the salmon.
2. In a small bowl, stir the egg, breadcrumbs, dill, shallots, capers, salt and pepper together. Add the ground salmon and stir to combine. Form the salmon mixture into 4 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray over medium heat. Cook the burgers on both sides until the burgers are golden brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, toast the hamburger buns.
5. Serve the salmon burgers on the toasted buns with dill mustard sauce, lettuce and tomato.
Serving Size: 1 salmon burger
Number of Servings: 4
- 45 g
- 12 g
- 3 g
- 27 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 515 mg