Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in carbs
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/3 cup finely chopped onions
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 quart Basic Chicken Stock (see recipe), or low-sodium canned
6 cups chopped, fresh or frozen spinach leaves
1. Heat the peanut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the carrots, celery and onion, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the stock and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and simmer until just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Puree in a blender and strain.
6. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||2 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||5 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.