Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
1 garlic bulb, unpeeled
splash of olive oil
4 large potatoes (Idaho or russet)
about 1 cup vegetable stock
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the garlic cloves in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with olive oil. Place the dish, uncovered, in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the garlic is golden brown and soft.
3. Remove from the oven and let cool.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut them in half. Place them in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork, about 30 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Drain.
5. Bring the stock to a boil, and turn down to a simmer.
6. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves to release each clove of garlic. Mash the garlic with a fork and throw the skins away.
7. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork, or use a food mill. Add the roasted garlic. Slowly add the stock until the desired consistency is reached.
8. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||0 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||5 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.