Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
1 red pepper
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 6 to 8 ounces each
1 tablespoon canola oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
8 corn tortillas
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
1` jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and minced, optional
2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Place the pepper on the grill and roast it on all sides until it is evenly blackened and blistered. Place the pepper in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
3. Turn the grill down to medium-high. Brush the chicken breasts with oil and season them with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken breasts on both sides until they are cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cool.
4. Meanwhile, separate the tortillas into 2 stacks, wrap them in foil and warm them on the grill.
5. Remove the pepper from the bowl and peel it. Remove the stem and seeds. Cut the pepper into strips and place them in a medium bowl.
6. Cut the chicken into strips and add them to the bowl with the peppers. Sprinkle the chicken and peppers with the fresh lime juice.
7. Fill the tortillas with chicken and peppers, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro leaves and jalapeņo pepper. Serve 2 tacos per person with lime wedges on the side.
Serving Size: 2 tacos
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||6 g|
|Protein||32 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.