This recipe is...
Sliced Apples with Cinnamon Pudding
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
1 cup low-fat milk
granulated sugar (optional)
8 tart apples (Granny Smith or other variety)
2. Melt the butter in another saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook over low heat until the butter and sugar blend together. Add the milk and heat until the sugar dissolves. (The sugar will get hard when the milk is added; it will melt again as the milk heats.)
3. Whisk a few tablespoons of the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture.
4. Gradually whisk in the rest of the milk mixture.
5. Over medium heat, whisk the combined mixture constantly until it comes to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat.
6. Pour into a bowl. (If you don't want a skin to form on the top of the pudding, sprinkle it lightly with granulated sugar.) Refrigerate. Cover with plastic wrap when cool.
7. Place 1 sliced apple into each of 8 serving bowls. Top with a few tablespoons of pudding.
Serving Size: 1apple and 3 tablespoons of pudding
Number of Servings: 8
- 34 g
- 3 g
- 3 g
- 2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 59 mg