Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
5 roasted red bell peppers from a jar, about 10 ounces
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 small Russet potato
1 bay leaf
about 1 quart vegetable stock
fresh basil leaves
1. Drain the roasted red peppers.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the carrots, celery and onions, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Peel and slice the potato and add it to the pot. Add the bay leaf and stock and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
4. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Add the roasted red peppers and simmer 10 minutes more.
6. Remove the bay leaf and puree in a blender. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
7. Chop the basil at the last minute to prevent discoloration. Serve the soup in warm bowls and sprinkle with chopped basil.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||2 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.