Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
Roasted Garlic and Scallion Mashed Potatoes
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 large potato (Idaho or russet)
about 1/3 cup Basic Chicken Stock (see recipe), or low-sodium canned
1 pinch salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons freshly chopped scallions
2. Place the garlic cloves in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with olive oil. Place the dish, uncovered, in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the garlic is golden brown and soft.
3. Remove from the oven and let cool.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut them in half. Place them in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork, about 30 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Drain.
5. Bring the stock to a boil, and turn down to a simmer.
6. Squeeze the roasted garlic clove to release each clove of garlic. Mash the garlic with a fork and throw the skins away.
7. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork, or use a food mill. Add the roasted garlic. Slowly add the stock until the desired consistency is reached.
8. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the scallions.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 2
- 15 g
- 3 g
- 1 g
- 3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0 g
- 114 mg