Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
5 large eggs, and 5 egg whites
1/2 cup freshly grated, reduced fat Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon chopped parsley, basil, oregano or a mixture
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup chopped onions
1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup fresh sweet corn kernels, cut from the cob
1. Whisk the eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper together until thoroughly combined.
2. In a 8" to 10" ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
3. Add the onion and pepper and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the corn and turn the heat to low.
5. Add the egg mixture (do not stir) and cook over low heat until the eggs are set, about 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
6. Place the skillet under the broiler for 30 to 45 seconds to finish cooking the top.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||13 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.