This recipe is...
Lentil and Prosciutto Soup
2 tablespoon carrot,finely chopped
2 tablespoon celery stalk,finely chopped
2 tablespoon onion,finely chopped
1 small sprig fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
freshly ground black pepper
2 cups Basic Chicken Stock (see recipe), or low-sodium canned
2/3 cup dried lentils
salt to taste
2 tablespoons finely diced prosciutto ham
2. Add the stock and lentils, and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 1 hour.
4. Puree 2/3 of the soup in a blender and stir it into the remaining 1/3.
5. If the soup is too thick, thin it by adding a little more stock. Raise the heat and bring the soup to a boil for 15 seconds. Stir in the prosciutto.
6. Add salt and more pepper to taste.
Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
Number of Servings: 2
- 40 g
- 5 g
- 20 g
- 24 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 309 mg