Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 sprig fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 quarts Basic Chicken Stock (see recipe), or low- sodium canned
2 cups dried lentils
salt to taste
6 tablespoons finely diced prosciutto ham
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion and thyme, season lightly with pepper and cook for 10 minutes. (Do not add salt until the lentils are fully cooked, because salt will prevent the lentils from becoming tender.)
2. Add the stock and lentils, and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 1 hour.
4. Puree 2/3 of the soup in a blender and stir it into the remaining 1/3.
5. If the soup is too thick, thin it by adding a little more stock. Raise the heat and bring the soup to a boil for 15 seconds. Stir in the prosciutto.
6. Add salt and more pepper to taste.
Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||20 g|
|Protein||24 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.