Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in grains
nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup diced, yellow bell pepper
1/4 cup diced, green bell pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 large eggs,room temperature
1 1/4 cups low-fat milk,room temperature
8 tablespoons (one stick) unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a 9" x 9" pan with nonstick spray.
2. While the oven is heating, sauté the peppers in a non-stick pan until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Sift the flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. (This can be done the night before and kept covered on the counter.)
3. Stir in the eggs, milk, butter and cooked diced peppers with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not overmix.
4. Pour into the pan and bake until golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. The cornbread is done when a small knife inserted in the center comes out dry. Best when served warm from the oven.
Serving Size: 1 slice = 1/12 of cornbread
Number of Servings: 12
|Fat||9 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||5 g||Saturated Fat||5 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.